Sign in to follow this  
Guest NoobPilot

13OCT08 PMDG MD-11 Release Planning Update

HelloThe exit of the MD 11 is only for FSX for today ? any date for fs 9 ? looks so great job ! congratulations to all PMDG team . regards

Guest pilot-joey

>Hello>>The exit of the MD 11 is only for FSX for today ? >>any date for fs 9 ? >>looks so great job ! congratulations to all PMDG team . >>regardsLet's say, just use the search button a time or your eyes :(. PMDG has announced this before, they will try to finnish the fs9 version as soon as possible. Could be a month, could be longer, or shorter..Best regards, Joey

Hmmm, trying not to read between the lines of Roberts post now.You think when he said 8-10 hrs, he meant they might release in 8-10 hours? Or maybe that he's going to have a good 8hrs sleep, and then announce whether it will be postponed to Tuesday or not?Eitherway, I guess for us Europeans, we wont be finding out until......late this evening (currently 1335z now)

Guest FrancoisH

When speaking about this kind of time zone problem, you can be lost really quick, especially when the guy who speak try to not be too much precise to not give us so much hope.He could use some rest as long as I think all the PMDG team had really worked hard along all this week-end (and beta testers too).I would have been really gratefull to have an update about pricing, but seems they decided to not say how much it will cost before official release.Regards.

Guest NoobPilot

I am very disappointed in you, PMDG. I will be sending you the bill for my new keyboard. The F5 key on my last one wore out while waiting for your product. (Jokes!)

Hi,1520z and still nothing. I think we're looking at maybe 2000z onwards for those of us this side of the USA, and then some! ;)Just be pleased you're not in Australia!! :DBest regards,Robin.

Of course, from what I've seen of the manuals so far, they've done a fantastic job. Thats why everyone cannot wait to fly it. And thats why PMDG have got such a good reputation for quality.From the manuals, I'm loving the whole fuel loading and door controlling through the FMS. Thats going to be a really nice touch. Infact the FMS is quite similar to that of the Airbus isnt it? With the lateral revisions, etc.One thing I did notice though, there doesnt seem to be a checklist that goes from cold&dark. I mean, like actually steps for powering up? Maybe its in the FCOM, I'll browse throught that shortly.Im also guessing that we wont see the tutorial now until it comes with the aircraft.I'm still....cough.....sniffle.....feeling rough though. Better phone the boss and explain I'm going to be sick for a few more days! ;)

Nothing against the PMDG team, but it seems as though they are still ironing out these technical difficulties for a few days now and it's still not done. I'm all for quality and PMDG is known for that. I'm just going out on a limb here thinking that we will not have the MD-11 today and that it will be released tomorrow. Again, nothing against the team and we've all been waiting this long so another 24 hours shouldn't bother anyone. If the plane is done, I am curious as to what the technical issues are. Nonetheless, thanks for your hardwork PMDG team and keep publishing these great products. Soon the MD-11 will be in my hangar and then I will be looking forward to the 737 NGX. I'm guessing you guys will take a much needed break after the MD-11 FS9 release is available. I just hope the 737 NGX is available before the next version of FS is available. Again, thanks for your hard work and great simulations team.Regards,Chad

I assume the "technical issues" are more to do with preparing the servers and payment systems for when several hundred people try and access them later today (hopefully).You can tell we're getting close - the PMDG site is slowing down :)

Well I only came here to see what was happening as Avsim's servers are slow to the point of full stop. Thought it had been released already.

Guest FlapsOut

"For those of you staying in the Marriott hotel across the road from KLGB while waiting to pick up your new airplane, I hope the front desk woke you up from your required crew rest to let you know the above information."FYI Pilots!KLGB LONG BEACH /DAUGHERTY FIELD LONG BEACH CA(A35-12-1) MAX TKOF WGT MD-11 588100 LBS; TWYS D3 & L3 WGT LIMITS MD-11 541000 LBS.FlapsOut :(

Guest the_lord

I hope I don't doublepost since my internet is acting wired...anywayI got a question: I'm a conservative FS9 User, but i'm tempted to buy the MD11 for FSX (i also run FSX on my system). SO now my question: Will there be discounts for those who purchased the FSX version and later want to purchase the FS9 version???RegardsJohann

Johann,I think it was already mention in another post that there will be a discount to those who purchase both. The amount of the discount was not stated, but I am sure a member of the development team did say a discount would be provided. If the discount is right, they will have my business for both versions.Regards,Chad

Guest xenshift

Robert,Great news! Looking forward to getting myself a copy of this hopefully soon :)I'm wondering though.. Last week at some point you said that you would release pricing information a little later that day. Been checking the forums daily and haven't seen that information as of yet. Did I miss it, or have you not released it yet? I expect it to be priced the same as the 747 but that may be different.Thanks!--Jon

>I hope I don't doublepost since my internet is acting>wired...anyway>>I got a question: I'm a conservative FS9 User, but i'm tempted>to buy the MD11 for FSX (i also run FSX on my system). SO now>my question: Will there be discounts for those who purchased>the FSX version and later want to purchase the FS9 version???>>>Regards>>JohannHello carefull not to ask too much discounts if we want all of us that pmdg survives long time to give us so real fantastic birds !! look for ex PSS and others that have disapears !!!!!!!!!! be aware that a suitable FIX simulator for veritable aircraft costs 1 to 2 million euros on real !!! so when we see how near pmdg get us with their addon even if he costs 50 to 60 euros !!! 50 euros represents what ? half restaurant one time ? 9 cigarettes packs ? one movie place for just 2 hours ? so before to ask discounts think maybe all the job there has been to develop all that . long life to PMDG for the great jobs and pleasure they give to us . regards