Sign in to follow this  
alastairmonk

how do u fly sids and stars in fs?

hey, i've got quite a no. of sids and stars but i want to know how to program them into the atc. so i can fly them with atc.regardsmoses

Don't think there's a way to program them into the default FS2002 ATC.Try using VATSIM...they'll assign them to you.Regards :-waveJonathanReal World PilotComair/JU

Guest paulri

You can use SID (DP) routings by including them in your FS2002 flightplan. You will be turned loose on "your own navigation" by departure conmtrol. There is no way to include STARs in your flightplans now and still have them used by the default ATC. ATC will start vectoring you when they want to, along routes of their choosing. Paul

Moses:Just incorporate the waypoints of the particular SID into your FS 2002 flight plan. The way you do this is to select your departure and destination airports in the FS 2002 flight planner, then select high or low altitude airways and hit OK. After this, you see the FS2002 map of your desire course. Locate the intersections, VORs, etc, that corresponfd to the appropriate STAR you might be flying and drag the red flight planner course onto these navaids and fixes that correspond to the approach you want. Additionally, I use JepCharts for FS 2002 - much more realistic. MAke sure to save the flight!Alex CN562ZKMSP - Minneapolis

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

>>Try using VATSIM...they'll assign them to you. >>Regards :-wave >Jonathan >Real World Pilot >Comair/JU I was going to say the exact same thing :)Jason

Only thing is, you're just flying point to point in the DP's and STAR's. No crossing restrictions (e.g. Cross SHINE at 11,000) :( It still likes to talk you down its own way regardless of altitude restrictions, so flying into airports like CVG always feels like flying into smaller regional airports.Oh well! The VATSIM guys actually seem to know what they're talking about. ;-) I'm sure there's a lot of real controllers that control in VATSIM.Best regards :-waveJonathanReal World PilotComair/JU