Sign in to follow this  
DF9AA

MD11 TUTORIAL for DUMMIES . . .

Hi,it is not clear to me if the tutorial for the new bird comes out seperately and before the release . . .After a short glance at the 1526 pages of the manual it will be hard work for a "normal flight simmer" to get the MD11 ready to go!Therefore I will make my decision to buy or not to buy after I read the tutorial ( preferabbly for DUMMIES . . . similar to the excellent 747 tutorial ) - a RW world pilot attended 6 weeks ground course at LGB, thereafter 8 times 4 hours simulator training and lots of line training to get the necessary qualification for this special bird, which was different in all respects to other airplanes he flew before!Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman FosterWill be closed Oct30,2008 - its a shame !http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

>> After a short glance at the 1526 pages of the manual it will be >> hard work for a "normal flight simmer" to get the MD11 ready to go!That is a defeatist attitude! There is nothing hard about getting anything going - it's understanding the how/why that is the hard part, but you'll be able to fly it from just knowing what buttons to push and when.The systems run in auto-mode anyway, so there is nothing to do!!! You just need to know where the fuel-cutoff and starter switches are, and you should be good to go!The rough order would be:* Battery power* Check systems are in auto* Check you have fuel aboard* Push the APU ELEC button - APU auto-starts* When power applied, push the starter switch for an engine (start order 3-1-2)* At some appropriate point, open the fuel cutoff on the center pedestal for that engine* Repeat 5 & 6 for the other engines* Go fly!Best regards,Robin.

Robin,You missed one step:After APU is running press the APU switch on the AIR panel to provide bleed air for engine start. And also you must arm the ignition from the overhead panel. Karl,The tutorial will be available with the release. At this stage "before release" and "at release" doesn't make any big difference ;-)I think you will like the tutorial very much. It will work with "dummies" and at the same time it is very useful for even experienced simmers. Markus has done an excellent job on that.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

>> After APU is running press the APU switch on the AIR panel to >> provide bleed air for engine start.D'OH! I was betting on it being automatic! :DBest regards,Robin.

Guest FrancoisH

There's something I want to say about PMDG documentation, especially MD-11 introduction. I do own a lot of products around FS and I have to say this MD-11 documentation is one of the best, even if it's not the best, I have saw until now.People fear about FCOM, AOM and other documentations you can find around any liners... They're all designed to be clear and precise, really detailed but with no technical details you don't need as a pilot. They'll not speak about things that are for ground team, who have theyr own documentation designed for them.Those manuals are written in clear english, and I would think that someone with very low skill as a pilot, even almost no skill at all, can understand the greatest part of it.I got my eyes ont real FCOMs from Airbus and Boeing, and i can say they are almost as clear as the documentation you get here.So I don't think a "casual" simmer will be too much lost into this plane. He'll just need a bit more time to be familiar with the plane but, finally, he'll be able to fly it without problem really quick, with a more "as real as it gets" experience (sorry, IVAO Moto is sometime arising :().

>Robin,>>You missed one step:>After APU is running press the APU switch on the AIR panel to>provide bleed air for engine start. And also you must arm the>ignition from the overhead panel. >>>Karl,>>The tutorial will be available with the release. At this stage>"before release" and "at release" doesn't make any big>difference ;-)>>I think you will like the tutorial very much. It will work>with "dummies" and at the same time it is very useful for even>experienced simmers. Markus has done an excellent job on that.>>So, its together with the package . . ? No reading before buying ?Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman FosterWill be closed Oct30,2008 - its a shame !http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

We're putting the tutorial up for download right now guys. It didn't go up initially because Markus was still making tweaks to it right up until the end...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Gents-New copy of the PMDG MD-11 manuals are available as of 0840Z/14OCT.Includes the most current INTRODUCTION and the TUTORIAL!Thanks for asking, I might not have thought to include the tutorial there were it not for the request in this thread.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest tff325

>Gents->>New copy of the PMDG MD-11 manuals are available as of>0840Z/14OCT.>>Includes the most current INTRODUCTION and the TUTORIAL!>>Thanks for asking, I might not have thought to include the>tutorial there were it not for the request in this thread.>>Excellent!! I'm printing the tutorial here at work (while my boss looks the other way), and will take the afternoon off to buy and try this long awaited bird. Over here in Holland the streets are deserted, seems I'm not the only one not working today... :-)Ben

Guest Musashi

I saw the INTRODUCTION but where is the TUTORIAL?The manuals are amazing but there are about more than a thousand pages to digest. OMG.Thanks for the good product PMDGMyamoto Musashi

Start barAll ProgramsPMDG SimulationsPMDG MD-11 FSXPMDG MD-11 TutorialOr you can download it from the PMDG website if you have not yet purchased.One other question for the PMDG guys - Are the manuals on the site more current than those that are packaged with the installer?CheersPaul

Guest Musashi

Hi Paul,Not yet purchased the bird. Will start arranging the financing for the purchase early November when I return from my holidays, provided that the Global Finance System does not collapse.I was talking about the online manuals andonline tutorial.Where is it located please?Cheers,Musashi

Good evening PMDG teamOn the download section of the PMDG's webside I found a tutorial flight 1, only. This contains 35 pages, only.What kind of tutorial with more than 1500 pages are you talking about? And where is it?Tnanks a lot and best regardsMarcel

Guest Musashi

On the download page there is only one MD11 RAR file and there is no tutorial in it.Where did you see the 35 page tuturial Mmarcel.Thosand page I am talking about is the MD-11 documnetation set.CheersMusashi