Sign in to follow this  
Brian Doney

Congratulations !

Congratulations PMDG,great job!Thank you very much four this contribution to our fantastic hobby.By the way, if you see a strange vagely familiar object in your bedroom, don't worry: this thing is called "bed" :7 Greetings from Holland,Wijnand (EHBK)

Guest tff325

I posted this in a seperate thread, but reading this one I guess it belongs here...---------------------------I spent a lot of time flying the fabulous PMDG 747. In fact, I spent so much time with the Queen that my wife was wondering who I liked more, her or this 'game' (don't you hate it when they say that?). While I must admit i hesitated a bit before I told her that ofcourse I loved her more, I think I was thruthful in my answer. However, since I'm the proud owner of a brandnew MD11, all I can do is pray she won't pop up the same question, because I'm pretty sure she won't like my answer then! So, PMDG, I hope you guys know what you're doing, I used to have a very good marriage...I have completed now three different flights with the MD11 and I really must say I'm stunned with the way it flies and even more the way it handles in FSX. The performance is so much better than the 747, so fluent, it feels like a default plane! I started with the tutorial (a must!) flight from Heathrow to Zurich. I own both add-ons for these airfields so I was a bit afraid the combination of the complex airports and the MD11 would have a big impact to the performance. Well, it didn't, no stutters no freezes, no hickups, no problems! The flight itself went well, when you follow the tutorial flight to the letter you really get to know this bird, although I'm sure there is many more to learn. On my second flight I took her (is the MD11 a 'her'?)to my homebase, Schiphol Amsterdam (EHAM). I computed the FMC myself, with help from the tutorial and the manuals (I have the printed versions). Again, no problems, it performed like a dream. On my third flight I thought I would make it a bit more exciting to see if I could stress the system. So, I loaded ASX and got online for a flight on the IVAO network. This combination (FSX, ASX, IVAO)always was a bit difficult for the 747, framerates would drop below a satisfactory level but, again, this time everything went pretty smooth. I could do the flightplanning a lot quicker this time, once you get to know the MD11 it really is not a difficult plane to fly but it is so much different than de 74 or 73. I could manage to perform an almost perfect flight to Frankfurt (Airport by Aerosoft), even with the stressload of online flying, ATC vectored me several times in other directions I had planned. All in all: this is by far the best aircraft I have ever flown in FSX or FS9. Although it took a long while before it was finally released, the waiting was well worth it. The complexity is a great challenge while on the other hand the plane itself is very forgiving and it monitors and tells you everything you're not doing right. So, there you have it, I really would like to thank PMDG for this masterpiece, although I'm sure my wife doesn't feel quite the same...Sorry for all the typo's and misspells, my Dutch is a bit better than my English...rgds,BenThe NetherlandsDell 9150Dual Core 2,7 ghZ3 GB RamNvidia 8800 GTS 640 MBSaitek Yoke, CH RuddersWindows XP Pro 32 bitFSXASXXGraphics

Yes, one more...just to say congratulations !!!With just a few hours of flight my only opinion is that it's a masterpiece.Your 747 was wonderful (clearly when it was realeased, it set new standards fo flight sim addons). Its only little drawback, to my mind, was the FSX version, pushing my system too hard. I see your programming skills on FSX have improved !! Your MD11 is beatiful and runs completely smooth even with ASX and some addon seceneries.For info, my conf is:Q6600, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTX 768Mb, Vista SP1By the way, it would be great if those framerate imrovements could in some way be implemented in your 747 (I don't use it a lot in FSX due to the issue just mentioned above).Anyway, keep up the good work and thanks a lot!!!!Best regards.Charles MOULIN

Guest jlm

Hello, with that feedback I could be convinced to get the FSX version now, was holding out for the combo, but if by the sounds of things this baby can handle FSX then bonus, I shall no longer be limited to 10 seater island hopping in FSX beautiful though it is..I have got memphis and amsterdam scenery specially to welcome the MD11.you guys are pros and the envy of every development team. Congratulations on the very professional launch and wish you great success with this and future projects.jlm

Guest WillKGTF

I'm amazed with this add-on. It is so well done, and I keep finding little jewels within the simulation that just cause me to pause for a moment and say "WOW".Very cool!

Guest WillKGTF

Oops! Sorry, forgot to put my name in my last post.Will

Guest chetaz

Tough to be on the end of this long list. All I can do is second all that has been said above. To all of the staff at PMDG, this thing is a dream to fly, and the learning curve is not that high at all. You raise the bar with each new successive aircraft you develope. I will be looking forward to your NGX. Thank you to all!Kelly W

Indeed. This plane exceded my expectations and its simply brilliant!!!Well, back to flying :-hah.

Congratulations to the team. Job well done. I usually stick to GA for flight sim (as I fly an airliner for a living and really miss the fun of GA), but I was really curious learning the MD11, as I have never stepped into its flight deck before.I dont understand certain posts about VC quality, IMO it is second to none, I can see that lots of work has gone into systems modeling (love the consequences page). One thing that also really impressed me was the sound effects, amazing quality and giving the "feel there" (no pun intended) effect.Really happy about my purchase, a bit pricey, but understandable as we can all imagine how many hours these chaps have put into their latest baby...Thanks again PMDG!!!Happy landingsJohn

Agree, after a not-so-wonderful start where I got an OOM error every flight, I did the /3GB magic (thank you, Gary A) and it turned me into a happy bunny. Lovely aircraft, good to finally see some different logic than Boeing's. One little snag, it didn't follow the vertical profile in the tutorial, but maybe I overlooked something (yes, I did reset the altitude window to 4000). Thank you for another wonderful product, PMDG!

Just a few simple words to describe my new-found satisfaction.Weeeee, just havin' fun.... :-bigangelThanks for another very cool big-iron to add to my fleet! :-beerchugRegards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE