Sign in to follow this  
midcon385

MD-11 System Requirements

Are the stated minimum and recommended system requirements on the PMDG MD-11 page specific for the FSX version or are they applicable for both versions?Tim

How about for FS9? Does the MD-11 run better than the 744 in FS9? That's all I'm concerned about, if the MD will run well on my system.Tim

Yeah I see no reason why that won't be the case, it most definitely runs better in FSX than the 400 does, so I assume that will remain the case in FS9.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

If your rig is equal to or better than my rig - GET THIS FOR FSX!!!!!FANTASTIC!Best regards,Robin.

From the first beta version right through til the release version I have had good FPS and stability.I completed a 15.5 hour flight a few days back as a final test, no OOMs and only a numb butt to worry about.This aircraft is very thrifty on resources in FSX, so much so that it turned me from an avowed anti-FSXer into a dual-platform advocate overnight!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

This is the first aircraft I've flown in FSX where the VC frame rate equals the 2D frame rate. I'm still picking myself up off the floor.I'm actually trying to seriously fly from the VC for the first time since the VC first appeared in FS2002!Best regards,Robin.

Guest D17S

Just as a 'for instance,' here's a setup to make comparisons: This is Q6600@3.6/4G-Ram@800Mhz/9800GTX+/42" monitor at 19x10 - in windowed mode - . Two other 19" monitors are running with other FSX windows (CDU's, etc) and email clients, flightaware web pages, etc. nHancer 8xS AA, 16AF, etc. (I think it's the AA 8xS, but something here is helping clean-up the Vcockpit).FSX setting tabs setup: Graphics: Frame target unlimited, Res, 19x10x32. Trilinear/AA off. Global Tex 100%. Lens Flare/Adv Anim on.Aircraft: Vcockpit. Hi-res on. Exterior Settings, all on. Scenery: Left side (These are all Vcard related except water). All sliders 100% except water at 2xLow and ground shadows off. Right side (These are all CPU related. Play with these for FPS dial-in). Scenery Complex 100%, AG 25%, GS off, SE 100%. Traffic (These are all CPU related. Play with these for FPS dial-in): All Off.Installed scenery: UTX/GEX/FSG scenerys. From the Vcockpit. Running an LAX approach starting at ~ 5000ft, through rollout. fully coupled approach/autoland with both 744 and the MD11. 744: 15 - 20FPS. Flyable, but a little choppy. MD11: 15 - 20FPS. Flyable, but completely smooth, AND Autogen can be increased to 100% And It Stays Smooth! During the beta, I initially noticed the MD seemed to run smoother. I really missed autogen on approach, but the 744 had always choked with anything above 25% autogen (even that was pushing it). With the MD, I was able to shove AG full right and the MD just kept on truckin'. It is sooo cool to see 3D stuff whizzing by on approach. Just to play, I got it down on the LA deck with AG at 100% and terrorized some neighborhoods at 50 feet. The little houses were flying by, smoooothly. The 744 was a slideshow. I'm not a programmer, but something very different (vs the 744) is going on with this MD11's code. I can almost run my default airplane settings setup with this 'big-dog' airplane. With a good addon traffic program, even a little traffic is possible. The MD11 runs BeTTer than the 744. Definitively better.

JUST GET IT! :D It's excellent! :DI'll stop spamming the forums now! :-jumpy Night! @-@Best regards,Robin.

>The MD11 runs BeTTer than the 744. Definitively better.That is really good news!A reason for me to buy the FS9 version when it's out.Taking the high price into consideration I was in doubt.Now this statement helped me made a decision, I guess.Thanks! :)Best regards,Rafal

Robin,Hahaha, this comment made my day :).Glad you are enjoying it, so am I! (but in 2D until I get a new rig)Are you btw using TrackIR with it?Tero

PPL(A)

I think my rig spec far exceeds the minimum, but for the first time with FSX all I am now getting with the MD11X is OOM, System Freezes and CTD errors. I'll have a play around later when I finish work to see what it upsetting the system, but at present it's very frustrating..............System:EVGA 790i w 4GB DDR3 1600 RAMIntel QX9770 @ 3.4GHzDual XFX 1GB 9800GX2 in Quad SLIVista 32 Ultimate SP1FSX SP2Dell 3008WFP @ 1920x1200Dual SATA Samsung 750GB in RAID 1Single SATA Samsung 1TB In windowed mode the program stutters, in Full Screen it will run for a short while and then freezes with the busy icon showing. Using Ctrl+Alt+Del reveals that FSX has crashed.No problems with any other add-ons or scenery. FS9.1 runs fine and so does FSX without the MD11X.Rick

Guest D17S

First, you - Must - set the 3G switch for that 32bit op system. 4Gs of ram and a non-switched 32bit system will OOM in a heartbeat (Or just go to Vista 64).No DX10 preview to start. Mine won't even run with DX10. Then turn down the FSX settings 'til things get stabilized. Mine crashes in high-slider/low frame rate environments. Looks like yur a clocker. A 400Mhz FSB is plenty. Get your CPU clock with the multi. Then, if you have that ram cranked out, crank it back in to "only" 2:1 and default timings. Ram running at 1600Mhz with default timings is plenty. As far as I know, you are the beta for SLI. If all else fails, break the SLI. Crysis needs it, but it won't help FS.

>First, you - Must - set the 3G switch for that 32bit op>system. Sam, would you say the same about the FS9 version to come?I have 2GB RAM and I'm having performance problems with the Queen in FS9.1. Although FPS are high enough to enjoy, the virtual memory (page file) use stays around 1.3 GB through all the flight. Which, in the end - as we know, leads to OOMs.Although I've read the 3GB switch helps with OOMs, I haven't applied it (and really don't want to) for two reeasons:- I heard there are some potential system risks and I use one PC both for flying and for my work- I use almost only airports equipped in AES by Aerosoft and there are conflicts after applying the switch.To be clear: I'm not a PC guru, just an average user.Best regards,RafalWindows XP Home SP3 32bitIntelCore 2 Duo E8400 3GHz2GB RAMNVidia GeForce 8400GT