Sign in to follow this  
midcon385

MD-11 System Requirements

Guest D17S

No worries. This is an important conversation. The MD11's FSX performance Is better than the 744's, but this presumes a hardware/software setup that will allow it to run at all. We are at a transition point. For instance in the old days, games only needed 1G/ram to run OK. Now 2 is about a minimum. As I finally yielded to this inevitability, I spent days shopping for an extra gig. That old DDR1, PC2700 stuff was ridiculously expensive. We are now at the edge of an operating system transition point. Games are quickly using up all the capacity 32bit operating system have to provide. More feature rich programs need the additional headroom a 64bit system provides. However painful it might be, eventually all of us are going to need to move to a 64bit op system. The "leading edgers" will need to go first. We are the "leading edgers." I really don't know how the FS9 version will run. Maybe it will allow a non-switched 32bit op system one more day-O-life. Or maybe not. But in any case, the end is near.

Guest Mower

We're all kinda dancing around the central issue without anyone actually saying it so I will: FS9, along with 32-bit OS's, are yesterday's news. I would have preferred that PMDG abandon FS9 and work on the NGX for FSX. Sorry if that offends but there it is.