Sign in to follow this  
Guest Callmecapt

The first PMDG add on I will be without

Guest Callmecapt

Sorry gentlemenThis will be the very first PMDG add on I will not be purchasing for MSFS.I have every single MSFS add on they made but the price, although the same price as the 747-400X (which I would not have bought if it were not reduced) I cannot bring myself to pay that much for a simulation addition.Hats off to you for making such a fine piece of software.Goran

It's probably a very fair figure for the time and effort that went in,an the team are entitled to price as they see fit, by all accounts so far it as fine achievement. For me though the price is too much at the moment - she who must be obeyed would take a kidney if I spent that much! Hopefully the Pound will rise against the Euro and it will become more affordable for me and other Brits. If that happens rest assured I shall be back in a shot!EDIT: An additional thought occurred to me - we should not underestimate the value of the PDF manuals and liveries. I've written a few engineering documents in my time and they take more time than non-authors might expect to get into such a polished state. I still can't afford the MD-11, but again I think the price is a fair reflection of the work involved.Mark Tuma

Guest Callmecapt

Ryan, you never know. I'm in a line of work where it could be a good day and very profitable, and another day could be very bad. And it's not sales. More like "investing".If I turn a big profit for a days work, chances are, I will make the purchase. I'll let the "zeta" testers fly her for a while and read the feedback. They might sell me on a purchase.Goran

>Ryan, you never know. I'm in a line of work where it could>be a good day and very profitable, and another day could be>very bad. And it's not sales. More like "investing".>If I turn a big profit for a days work, chances are, I will>make the purchase. I'll let the "zeta" testers fly her for a>while and read the feedback. >They might sell me on a purchase.>GoranPoker player? ;)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Mate, I respect your opinion, just wanted to check something. The first price I saw was for the FS9/FSX combo. Got a bit scared until I after a wee bit of browsing found the FSX-only version which, to me, was surprisingly fair. As I said, we all have different limits but I want to check so that you are looking at the "correct" price.

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

>It's probably a very fair figure for the time and effort that>went in,an the team are entitled to price as they see fit, by>all accounts so far it as fine achievement. For me though the>price is too much at the moment - she who must be obeyed would>take a kidney if I spent that much! Hopefully the Pound will>rise against the Euro and it will become more affordable for>me and other Brits. If that happens rest assured I shall be>back in a shot!>>EDIT: An additional thought occurred to me - we should not>underestimate the value of the PDF manuals and liveries. I've>written a few engineering documents in my time and they take>more time than non-authors might expect to get into such a>polished state. I still can't afford the MD-11, but again I>think the price is a fair reflection of the work involved.>>Mark TumaGood point regarding the manuals, Mark. I am a technical recruiter out here in California, and I routinely we pay people $35/hr - $45/hr for technical writing. That really adds up after a while. One person we had did a 3 month contract for us as a technical writer and made close to $17,000 for that 3 months of work before taxes. His pay was actually on the lower end. When people try to understand "why" an add-on costs so much, I think many forget to take into account things such as putting together a technical manual. It is time intensive and very detail oriented. Imagine if there was a error regarding programming the FMC for the MD-11 on page *insert insanely high page number here*. Think of the uproar when nobody could get the FMC to function properly, and how long it would take to go back through everything and find out exactly where the issue lie hidden. I am just glad we have teams like PMDG who actually take the time to create such add-ons for FS. I for one would rather have an add-on that is too expensive for me to buy, rather than no add-on at all. One sure can't knock having options, and they don't get more detailed than PMDG's. Who knows, maybe an add-on like this might be a possiblity later for some of the folks who are unable to afford or decide not to purchase right now. Kudos to PMDG for such a lofty undertaking and following it through to completion. Although the cost may catch some flak, I think all have respect for the work involved in these add-ons and appreciate PMDG's contribution to this hobby.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Callmecapt

Yes, looking at the right price. But, maybe someday I'll get it.Ryan, you guessed correctly.;)Goran

>Yes, looking at the right price. But, maybe someday I'll get>it.>>>Ryan, you guessed correctly.>;)>>GoranHaha, awesome - I play on a decently high level myself and describing it as investing is definitely the way you have to think about it - expected value and return on investment and all that.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com