Sign in to follow this  
MOFF

pmdg_md11_acs.dll

Hi, nice that we can download and purchase the MD11 now, but there is a problem on my side.Opening the aircraft in FSX the well loved message occurs that the FS will shot down due to a problem with pmdg_md11_acs.dll. So I can not fly her :-(Any help out there please ?ThxSteffenP.S: I can not find this *.dll on my system doing a search of all local drives !!! What means this...I installed the software twice, no change... hmm....

Oh sorry, it is WinXP pro SP2....and as I added to ma first message, I can not find this .dll on my system at all. :-(Steffen

Steffen-This file should be located in:/GAUGESThere should be two files in there with the name PMDG_MD11*.dllIf PMDG_MD11_ACS.dll did not install- please get back to us with information on your anti-virus software. This MIGHT give us a clue that can allow us to help you resolve it.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Robert, sorry to wake you up, after all the release stress !! :-) Now I found the PMDG_MD11_ACS.dll in the Gauges folder size 76KB. I forgot to switch off the virus program during the install. It is MC AFEE virus scan Enterprise version 8.0... I

No result, or better to say: same result, not to load... always this DLL failure... I did a new download, I did a uninstall and reinstall with antivirus off. I can find the DLL in the Gauge folder... but..Grrrr.....Am I alone with this ? Wondering...One little difference I see, the failure message occurs with the pmdg_md11_acs.dll in small letter in the gauges folder it is in capitals (PMDG_MD11_ACS.dll). Just fishing around...Steffen

Next step, I returned the 3GB patch to the original FSX.exe, but no result as well.AppName: FSX.exeModName: pmdg_md11_acs.dllNo further ideas on my side, what a nice day...Steffen

For unknown reason the dll.xml will not open here... Can I send it to you ? See the attachment...Steffen

Guest Nanuuk

Hi,same problem here, the *.dll is there, but FSX crashes with the same failure.OS is XP and virus software is Norton Internet Securitydll.xml is attachedGreetingsJoerg

Hi Nanuuk, sorry to hear that but lucky not to be alone... The guys will have a solution, we have just to wait... Good luck and patience I wish.Steffen

Steffen-okay- the DLL is there- that is good news.Thanks for posting the DLL.XML. In a word: Yours is a wasteland. Not to worry we can help you sort this out.This process may have a minor bit of pain associated with it- but bear with us and we'll have you running in short order.1) Uninstall the PMDG MD-11.2) make a backup copy of your DLL.XML.3) Delete the one that FSX is using.4) Reinstall the PMDG MD-11.You should notice that a new DLL.XML has been created. This is a minimalist DLL.XML created by us in the absence of a previous iteration.Try running the sim now and let me know if your problem is solved. (I suspect it is not- as i think we are looking at a two-stage problem here- but let me know anyway...)

Hi guys,It does look like the xml.dll has been corrupted by another software developer rather than being a direct PMDG issue - we will provide a solution for this issue shortly.Thanks,Armen L CholakianEdit: Oops Robert posted the solution! :)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

IT WORKS NOW !!!!!!!!!So I have no time yet anymore . I just have to fly the bird !!Thanks Robert and all others. Grest service as ever. If I can help to solve the problem totally give me a call...SteffenStevens VA

Steffen-Yeah!Okay- there are other products listed in your DLL.XML which you will need to reinstall in order for them to work....HERE IS THE IMPORTANT THING:One of those previously installed components trashed your DLL.XML. So- here is how you save yourself from misery:1) Make a copy of your DLL.XML as it is right now.2) Install the next addon in your list.3) Check your dll.xml.If you don't see things neatly in a tree formation as it is right now, then the product you just installed is the one killing your DLL.XML. Get in touch with the author and ask them to fix their installer or provide you with a patch to correct the installer failure when editing DLL.XML...If you do see things all neatly in a tree, go to Step one and repeat.Do this until you have all your stuff installed again.