Sign in to follow this  
Shmiffy

Wheres the Perf Data?

Hi Guys:Great product, but where is the Perf Data?I can only find V speeds referenced within the FCOM. In order to create an aircraft performance file for Flight Operations Centre / FS Build or any similar flight planning software, i need this data, but of course, i need also the Fuel Flow Tables, the Climb and Descent Tables and so on. Am i being completely blind, or are things a touch incomplete on the Perf Data front?CheersPaul

Disregard:Found another thread based on same subject. That makes me sad...I fully understand, although fail to agree, with Boeings position regarding an aircraft that they no longer make. So sorry to have to ask, but is there anywhere that the data is available?CheersPaul

Paul,Regarding the FSBUILD the default MD11 model that is provided with the program, the one that has the swiss livery, sorry can not remeber now I am not at my home PC is very accurate with the PMDG bird. I was using it all the time during the long haulsChris

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Chris:Many thanksWere you using a KG format?I ask because FSB, great though it is, can sometimes be a bit 'quirky' with Lbs to Kgs conversionCheersPaul

Paul-Thanks for recognizing the other thread.We've thrown ourselves at this wall for months (actually- seven months...) without much luck.The answer has been a resolute "absolutely not" in spite of the fact that the data was made available to us for modeling the airplane and the FMS performance data.That being said- I must also make clear that our relationship with Boeing forbids us from allowing anyone to share their copyrighted data via communication in the forum.We all know that there are folks who disregard Boeing's ownership of certain intellectual property, but we are compelled to uphold their rights within our reasonable control...If we can somehow convince them to change their mind, we will let you know!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hello Robert:Firstly, congratulations on the release. I would have thought you would have been heading off on a well deserved break by now ;)In so far as the Boeing Copyright issue is concerned. I fully understand your position and shall mention it no more once this thread is put to bed ;). Although a potentially lengthy project, i might consider running some test flights to create a set of tables that would provide enough data for simulation purposes. Obviously, this will take time, and the data would be of no use whatsoever to me alone, and i would therefore be willing to distribute it to whoever should want it, or hand it over to PMDG, who could do a better job of distributing the data than i could.This then of course begs the question of what would PMDG / Boeings' stance be on that?Bearing in mind that the data would be specifically FS related, and therefore taking into account the fact that no matter how hard anyone tries, performance data as accurate as that which Boeing could provide, would be nigh on impossible to create. The data would essentially be the copyright of PMDG rather than Boeing Corporation per se, as the data would be based on PMDG's interpretation of the MD11, rather than the MD11 specifically.Sorry. That goes round in circles a bit but i think you catch my meaning.Robert, as i work from home as a freelance consultant, i can dedicate a reasonable ammount of time to this over the next couple of weeks (as soon as i have learned to fly the old girl) and so could happily make a start, there would of course be no promises on a timescale, as being a freelancer, the only answer acceptable to the question of 'can you look at this project' is yes, and you never know when that call is going to come in!Regards, and congratulations once again....CheersPaul

Paul-Yes- it could be a circular argument, couldn't it? :-pI'll check with "those who get paid to think of such things" and get back to you...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Let's hope that the answer is a positive one.Meanwhile, if you know your GW, you can use these tables here to get an idea for takeoff/landing performance and runway required:http://www.boeing.com/commercial/airports/acaps/md11sec3.pdfKnowing that the sim is at least built to the actual spec, these tables should be pretty close. ;) Boeing also publicly released these, too, so no issues there...Best regards,Robin.