Sign in to follow this  
fly_ebos

Graphic card problems

Hi,I have just bought & installed the MD11. Looks great in VC and 2D mode but whenever I go to exterior view I get strange behavior resulting in a FS CTD.Pic is attachedI'm using an Nvidia 9800GTX with latest drivers, Nhancer 2.42 and Vista.Any help or solutions?

Guest D17S

I get the same thing sometimes with my 9800GTX+. An RMA with XFX is pending. However, it's not causing crashes. What's going on with the CTD?

I concur- definitely looks like a VCard issue! Try the replacement and then see if the CTD still occurs. Keep us posted!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 with FS-GS System Unification | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Asus P5E-Deluxe (X48) | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia XBR | NaturalPoint TrackIR Pro | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 500GB Seagate Barracuda 32MB SATA2 x2 (Acronis) | Corsair HX620W PS | PFC Jetliner Yoke and Pedals | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Tom-I changed the title of this thread be cause the title you entered appeared to indicate that the problems you were experiencing were problems on the MD-11 itself.The problem in your uploaded image is definitely a hardware problem, and isn't a problem with the MD-11 itself...The other fellows in this thread have made good suggestions...Ryan (when he wakes up) may also be a good one to hear back from because he is our resident hardware expert. i'll have him pop into this thread to see if he can't help you out.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

The thing is I do not have this issue with any other aircraft, including the PMDG747.

Robert, thank you, but the problem only started after the MD11 installation, prior to that, everything worked fine.

Tom,as others said: This no MD-11 problem.I've had the same problem with my 7950 GT already before the arrival of the MD-11.The following helped me out of the mess:Find the line "TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=XXXX" in your fsx.cfg.What is your value for XXXX?? FSX defaulted mine to 1024 while the 7950GT got only 512 MB memoryI changed the line accordingly to TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=512Almost all problems gone...Give it a try and let us know..Regrads,Joerg

Joerg Alvermann
Win10 Pro 64Bit - i9-9900KS - GTX980Ti 6GB - 5760x1200

Joerg,Thanks for the tip, I made the change in fsx.cfg and that seems to have solved the problem. Great!

Oh man... it took me a couple of days of extensive analyzing and testing before i found that simple solution...Glad to hear that it helps others too..Regards,Joerg

Joerg Alvermann
Win10 Pro 64Bit - i9-9900KS - GTX980Ti 6GB - 5760x1200

Guest milliotseb

Yep I may help a lot of people ;)

Hello chaps:The problem you are seeing is most certainly a Video Card issue. You will find that adjusting your filtering from Bilinear to trilinear (or vice versa) will fix it. There are a new set of Nvidia drivers available for the XFX9800GTX (like what i have got), but as yet i havent tried them.I have had this exact issue, and the problem was solved. Ensure also though, that the NHancer settings need to reflect the setting within FSX.CheersPaul