Sign in to follow this  
nisx

VC quality

Hi all, I just purchased the MD11, for the most part...its wonderful. With that said I have to comment that the virtual cockpit seems blurry (in terms of the textures). A lot of the panels are hard to make out, and over all it does not seem to compare to the same level of detail in which the 747 displays. This might be a computer issue, and that is why I would like to pose a question...Is anyone else having virtual cockpit texture/quality issues? I appreciate any input. Thanks again.(screen shots to come)Windows XP Pro SP3 Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.19ghz Nvidia 9800GTX 512Mb 250gb HD 4gb DDR2-EsG

Hi,Ensure the VC is set to high quality. :) No issues here.Note that the instruments/panels are affected by FS AA settings. No AA = no AA instruments, so they can look blocky, unless you are in 2D I think...Best regards,RObin.

Guest AV

I use an ATi card, I set the AA to Application Controlled and turn on AA in FSX. For me this gives better performance and AA quality than letting the catalyst control panel do it. With the AA on the gauges are more readable. I dunno if you want to compare this aircraft with others, since instrument panels are setup differently. Click the MFD and a very high resolution popup will appear, I do this when I need to check the FUEL, AIR, CONFIG pages, etc as that MFD is pretty darn far away from the pilot.

Hi Esg,In keeping with the wide range of computing power out there, combined with the high demands that FSX puts on any computer, we made a lot of performance-based decisions while building this airplane. One of those was texture overhead. We made the conscious decision to mip map most of the external and internal bitmaps. What this means (for those who don't already know) is that each bitmap has multiple resolution levels, so you will see different resolutions depending upon how close you view them. In other words, the farther the eye point is from the object, the lower the resolution of the bitmap. This also means that people have the ability to fine-tune their computer's performance by using that global texture setting I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread.The good news for you is that regardless of your global texture setting, the text on the panels will always remain sharp. Those bitmaps are not mip mapped even though the underlying panel is.Another option you have to increase your performance is to uncheck "high resolution virtual cockpit" under Options>Display>Aircraft. This will cut the resolution of the glass displays by 75%. It won't be as sharp (but still readable) and during certain phases of flight, you may not require a completely sharp display. And remember, you can always click on the display itself to bring up a very sharp 2D popup.Best,http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...er_MD11_Vin.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Vin, I really appreciate the feedback. After changing some minor settings, I am now able to get 20-24 fps in the vc. Again thanks for the feedback.RegardsEsG