Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mr. Schutte

PMDG MD11 Installation Issue

Guest Mr. Schutte

Hey guys, I purchased the MD-11 last night, downloaded and installed. The installation went without a hitch, I also added a livery from your site which installed just fine. I started FSX and selected the aircraft from the menu, after the gauges had been "approved" (for want of a better word) FSX just crashed to desktop. I have re-installed several times, in several different ways, running as administrator (both the installer and FSX), running the complete installation method, the custom installation method, but each time, no luck. The aircraft is there to choose, but will crash the sim. I have also tried loading a default aircraft first, loading from within game itself, nothing. I am presently running a Vista 32-Bit system.Any help would be muchly appreciated, obviously, as I want to try this amazing piece of software out! :DWarm regards and congrats!Jon

Hi Jon:Two things to start off with, 1. Send this as an email to support@precisionmanuals.com - As they may get you a quicker response.2. If you could provide a more detailed system spec, and let us know whether or not you have the /3Gb switch installed, that will help us to start narrowing down the problem.Sorry to not be much more help than that at this stage, i know exactly how you must be feeling. I think most of us have been there before.

Guest Mr. Schutte

Sorry to have been so vague. I have also been in contact with support through email, just looking for as many answers as possible. I do not have the 3gb switch installed, and the system specs are as follows:Core2 Quad Q66004 Gig RAMnVidia GeForce 8800GTSVista 32-Bit.

Guest AV

The 3GB switch is more for out of memory issues. When I was testing the MD-11 I would get these when flying in high density urban areas (NYC, LA, etc). But ever since putting the switch in there I have not had any problems, which led to several months of crash-free testing. Come to think of it, I was probably a poor choice for beta testing, lol.Anyway, your issue looks more like a dll/xml config problem that is more likely cause by changes done to the xml file by another developer. Read through that topic I linked and see if it helps.

Guest Mr. Schutte

I read through the other topic, tried it, nothing different. I removed both the FSX.cfg file and the XML.dll file and then uninstalled the MD-11. I re-installed as Administrator, ran FSX as administrator answered yes to all security questions, but when the messages came up for the MD11 there were only 2 gauges asking to be loaded, not the 4 that you mentioned. In my FSX/gauges folder I only have "PMDG_MD11.dll and PMDG_MD11_ACS.dll", no others, is that normal?

Guest Mr. Schutte

Is it an issue if I have SP2 installed for FSX as well as SP1?

Hi Jon:I have FSX SP1 and Accelleration installed (so essentially SP2 with some add-ons) and all is well here.You should be okay.CheersPaul