Sign in to follow this  
Guest percy

Display multi windows

Guest percy

I ask a question before about Multi-monitor check box but maybe a better way to ask is there any way to display in zoom mode ND,PFD AND EAD windows at the same time.percy.

VC or 2D?If VC, click on each screen, they zoom....CheersPaul

Percy,The zoom screen is shared for all display units. We have provided ways to display, undock and drag to different monitors all other panel windows (including DU nr#4 - the SD), but we assumed that since the main view that contains the DUs is always visible, there is no need for separate windows, other than a single zoom when you want to look closer. This fits most users needs very well. Are you using VC view or 2D panel view? What is the configuration you want to achieve? Do you want to remove the main panel view and assign it's componentes to different monitors?Provided that there is sufficient request for such special configurations we could consider providing a 3rd panel configuration (in addition to the normal and widescreen ones we have already included) for these situations. But we need to understand what is needed here.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Michael, et all at PMD-11G ;-)thanks for this superior Add On. It's a masterpiece, again.These kinds of Add On's are crying for advanced multi monitor setups.The MD-11 is well prepared in this regard. A lot can be achieved, but the restriction to have only one zoomed DU is a real drawback.I made a first attempt to rearrange the sub panels towards my needs, but can't get further without at least one additional zoomed DU.pls find attached a screenshot of my personal "Main Panel"All i miss is a second zoomed DU right of the zoomed DU (PFD).Is there a way to achieve this by only modifying the panel.cfg?(I understand that you're gone far towards the FSX window limit)Also this is my personal 'requirement', i think there is need for an additional zoom panel by other 'enthusiasts'.Thanks for your efforts.Regards,Joerg

Joerg Alvermann
Win10 Pro 64Bit - i9-9900KS - GTX980Ti 6GB - 5760x1200

Guest percy

Thank you for your reply.I use the 2D panel, I have a projector for the outside view and use a 22 inch monitor for the PFD and ND, a second monitor for the EAD and SD and a touch screen for the FMC. Here is a link to what the Ejet looks like, I mainly fly the PMDG 747 but do not have a picture of it.http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q32/sun...er/_MG_0011.jpg Not being able to display the PFD, EAD and ND at the same time makes it impossible to use a configuration like this. Many simbuilders in MYcockpit.org use Pmdg 737 and 747 in a similar way. In the info about the multi-monitor users I read it as being able to not auto close the windows but I did not understand that the PFD and ND could not be displayed at the same time. Thank you for your consideration for the problem but as you can see I am not able to use the MD11 in my present set up.Percy.

Percy,Impressive setup.OK, I think we could be able to provide a special configuration for "cockpit builders". I can't promise any delivery time, but I'll look into that and it might be available as a single file download from the PMDG site.As Joerg said it can be handled from the panel.cfg, but please do not try to do ANY modifications yourself, because there are several parameters that should be setup correctly, otherwise the panel will not function.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

Guest percy

Thank you, looking forward to the file.percy.

I am going to prepare a panel configuration on which the 3 DUs (PFD, ND, EAD) will not be part of the main panel but windows overlayed on the main panel. This way you can move them around, or undock them and move them to a different monitor.These will not be zoomed windows (the zoom functionality on each of them will remain as it is), but if you wnat them larger you can just resized them, dragging the corner with the mouse (no distortion, vector graphics are used).Moving the DUs, will leave you with a blank gray area below the glareshield, but I believe this is not a problem for your set up.Also, because of the FSX total windows limit, I will have to remove a couple of the less important overhead subpanel windows. This means you will not be able to isolate these windows, but they will still be functioning as part of the full overhead.Before I go ahead, I'd like to hear from any "cockpit builders" if this configuration will suit them.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

Michael,this sounds like a perfect deal for me...Thanks for your effort you spend supporting those that are probably not the majority of your customers..Regards,Joerg

Joerg Alvermann
Win10 Pro 64Bit - i9-9900KS - GTX980Ti 6GB - 5760x1200

Guest percy

That will work for me.Thanks.Percy.

Guest Bud

MichaelMay I also add my thanks for your effort to support home cockpit builders. I too remove the main panel to another monitor, leaving the views clear via TH2G. The overhead, and other panels display on a couple of other mons.The problem I have at the moment is the size of the main bitmap - the background. Currently I have the glareshield and the auto flight panel overlaid on the background with the DUs on a secondary monitor. I dont use the mouse at all for the knobs and switches, however, if I accidentally do click on the DUs for eg, the other two panels disappear behind. With your proposed new configuration, would it be possible to simply get rid of the background bitmap.Bud

Hi guys, Not sure if what I'm trying to do would be possible or not....I would like to be able to have the PFD/ND/MCDU on the desktop while FSX is minimized....would this be possible and if so, how would I accomplish this?Thanks for your help!