Sign in to follow this  
hontzt

"Not in database"

So far awsome aircraft. I am having some trouble with a lot of airports, when i set up a flightplan i get a message in the scratchpad "not in database" i'm not sure if there is something wrong with the nav data or some setting i've overlooked. Specifically EHFK, ETARVRTodd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

Todd,By default the database is set up to include only airports that have runways above a certain length (6,000ft). This is the usual practice in reality, since it makes no sense to have included in the database airports at which the aircraft cannot land.You can change that from the Addons->PMDG menu to set a lower limit, or disable the limit and be able to have all airports available.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Hi, thanks for the response, I'm not sure this is the case since the airports I selected have runways greater than 6000 feet. For some reason the system is not reading the Nav data. No one else seems to have this issue so can only assume there is a problem with my file folder settings. I will fire up the 747-400 and see if I encounter this issue since the data seems to be shared between the Queen and the MD11.VRTodd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

C-17A Globemaster III

Hi, thanks for the response, I'm not sure this is the case since the airports I selected have runways greater than 6000 feet. For some reason the system is not reading the Nav data. No one else seems to have this issue so can only assume there is a problem with my file folder settings. I will fire up the 747-400 and see if I encounter this issue since the data seems to be shared between the Queen and the MD11.VRTodd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

C-17A Globemaster III

I looked in the navdata file airport.dat and found that EHFK is missing, ETAR is there. This is the data file that came with the MD11 (Cycle 0808). The current cycle is 0810 (0811 comes out soon) so my recommendation is to get the latest from Navigraph (or wait until 0811 comes out on or about 20 Oct).I don't think the 6000 ft filter impacts the FMC navdata lookup, I think it is only a filter for what is displayed on the ND.. but I could be wrong.Regardless, the first place to look when you get a "not in database" error is the navdata. This article can be helpful if you need to look into or modify those files: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/NAVDATA_Data_Dictionary

Dan Downs KCRP

>I don't think the 6000 ft filter impacts the FMC navdata>lookup, I think it is only a filter for what is displayed on>the ND.. but I could be wrong.>Dan,This was the case with the 747, but in the MD-11 we made it realistic and we are indeed simulating the option of excluding from the database these runways.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Thanks... there's much to learn. Do you just use the longest runway as listed in the wpNavAPT.txt file to inhibit ND display and Destination selection? What about a location that has an 8000 and a 5000 runway, can you select it has a destination and select an approach to the 5000 runway or only the longer runway?

Dan Downs KCRP