Sign in to follow this  
CX 747-400

HELP needed with the MD-11 (Visual Model)

Yes, its with all liveries and with both Cargo and Pax.Now... I got it to work.. I selected DX10 Preview and all the aircraft is visible.but... is there any way to have all the plane showing without making FSX uncompatible with the rest of my planes?:-)

>Yes, its with all liveries and with both Cargo and Pax.>>Now... I got it to work.. I selected DX10 Preview and all the>aircraft is visible.>>but... is there any way to have all the plane showing without>making FSX uncompatible with the rest of my planes?>>:-)>>>>Did you switch in the VC between window and full screen or is just at load just curious?http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

Guest D17S

Mine did the exact same thing in Beta. Because of other model failures it was suggested my system was fragged, so my 9800GTX+ Vcard is now out to RMA, but I'm still a bit suspicious. I have a loner 9800GTX+ in now and I'll fly it a bit. We'll see. You should Not need DX10 preview to use this plane.

>>Did you switch in the VC between window and full screen or is>just at load just curious?>Im not sure I understand the question but the engine skins are missing in Full Screen or in windowed modeIf I select DX10 preview, the plane shows complete right from the Free Flight screen.

I am having the exact same problems with the MD-11 on the flight I am conducting right now. I am using the latest Nvidia WHQL 178.13 drivers. The screens in the VC have stopped updating, only the engine nacelles, outline of the wings and cargo containers inside the aircraft are visible. Sometimes when I switch views the virtual cockpit won't appear and sometimes the screen is just black. Please see attached screenshots. Sorry for the size but I want to make it clear what is happening.

Guest D17S

Try modding the fsx.cfg file line[GRAPHICS]TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024to your Vcard's Vmemory load. That 8800GTX is 768 (?) and the 9800GTX is 512. It worked earlier. I'm flying now, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm still at 1024. Hang in there. We'll get it.(No other .cfg mods for now)

>I am having the exact same problems with the MD-11 on the>flight I am conducting right now. I am using the latest Nvidia>WHQL 178.13 drivers. The screens in the VC have stopped>updating, only the engine nacelles, outline of the wings and>cargo containers inside the aircraft are visible. Sometimes>when I switch views the virtual cockpit won't appear and>sometimes the screen is just black. >>Please see attached screenshots. Sorry for the size but I want>to make it clear what is happening.Indeed there is something with switching and panel initialisation...Going to have a more in depth look nothing to do with hardware that's what I can say for sure ;-)http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

I must be blind, but I can not seem to locate the FSX.cfg file. I have no issues finding FS9, but not FSX. Can someone tell me where it is? :-hmmm Jonathan

For Vista64 AppData -> Roaming -> Microsoft -> FSXChanging TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD from 512 to 1024 did not fix my issueThanks

I modded the FSX.cfg file with max texture size 768 and toned down some of the sliders in FSX and flew for about two hours without these issues occuring.With that said, now it appears that everytime I press 'S' to switch to outside view, when I cycle back into the VC, the display screens have stopped updating and are frozen displaying the information that was being presented before I pressed 's' to change views. Also, all switches fail to update after re-entering the VC, ex. I can press the numbers on the transponder, but the display doesn't update, it just displays whatever code was in the box before I changed views using 's'. I found that I can rectify this issue by pressing 'a' to switch camera views within the VC. After doing so, everything is working great again, the screens are updating, the switches show proper visual ques on actuation etc.Is anyone else experiencing anything like this upon switching views using the 'S' key?Thnaks for the help guys.

I did have these issues with FSX before SP2 and in wondowed mode. Never in Full Screen mode. It all went away after SP2.

I have tried it with and without overclocking. It didnt help. By the way. I must really be blind. I still can not find the FSX cfg file. I am using XP, and i saw that someone post the Vista version, but that didnt help me. I can get into the FSX folders, but I still dont see it anywere.... and I am wearing me glasses. :-zhelp Jonathan