Sign in to follow this  
CX 747-400

HELP needed with the MD-11 (Visual Model)

First of all the flight deck is amazing!!!!!! Thank you for another great product!I am having a problem with the exterior view. I can see the wing lights, the aircraft shadow, and the interior of the aircraft, but I have no other view than that. Please help...Jonathan

Are you saying the aircraft is invisible except for those things you mentioned?

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

>Are you saying the aircraft is invisible except for those>things you mentioned?That is right. The whole aircraft is invisable expect what I mentioned. I am trying to get a screen shot, but I dont have a program to do.Jonathan

Here is my system info:ECS NForce 570 Slit A MotherBoardIntel Dual Core E66004 GB of RamATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512 Graphic CardMy drivers havent been updated in about 2 months. I am going to do that right now.Jonathan

Yeah get the 8.9 driver, and also update your Nvidia Nforce drivers as well if there's a newer version. Report back after that...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hello,I have a similar problem.I'm running Nvidia 8800GT with latest drivers (178.13)Vista644GB RAMI tried to attach the image but its too big for AVSIMincomplete.jpg

Guys,This is one of the really strange issues we've never been able to get a handle on - some users saw it with the 744 too.We're going to investigate it and try to determine the cause, but we'll likely need some volunteers to perform various tests trying to determine what's actually going on. This could go all the way up to full FSX reinstalls etc...I'll have more details after we talk it over a bit.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

OK... all drivers have been updated. Nothing.Reinstall MD-11...Nothing.I dont that many add-ons for FSX. So what ever you need me to do, I will. Consider me a volunteer.Jonathan

...my Queen sometimes used to look like that when replaying a landing on FSRecorder, either while still replaying or after the replay ended, together with scenery building up real slow or not at all...sometimes i could solve it by simply entering a menu and quitting it again, sometimes not...i'm no computer geek but it always seemed to me that with high settings and resolution this was simply caused by the PC running out of resources, eventhough it never caused a crash....but then i could be totally wrong....

Guest AV

One more thing you might try is deleting the FSX.cfg and then running FSX so that it can be rebuilt "stock." Then change your display settings and game options back to as desired.I tried some of the suggested "tweaks" to the fsx.cfg file and it cause all sorts of weird problems, especially graphics issuse with the MD-11. But when I reverted to the stock fsx.cfg my problems disappeared.

Well, I have deleted the FSX.CFG and started FSX. After a couple of weird errors (String not found) FSX loaded. I lowered my settings, and when i went to change my plane for the MD11, only the default birds were there. None of the liveries were showing. I loaded one of the default MD11s and the same issue is present.In my case seems like the engines skins is transparent... along with the stabilizers. This is a bit more complicated with the original poster, whose crew is hanging out to dry ... lolI do have a ton of addons, but consider me for testing... hopefully we wont have to re-install FSX.

>Well, I have deleted the FSX.CFG and started FSX. After a>couple of weird errors (String not found) FSX loaded. I>lowered my settings, and when i went to change my plane for>the MD11, only the default birds were there. None of the>liveries were showing. I loaded one of the default MD11s and>the same issue is present.>>In my case seems like the engines skins is transparent...>along with the stabilizers. This is a bit more complicated>with the original poster, whose crew is hanging out to dry ...> lol>>I do have a ton of addons, but consider me for testing...>hopefully we wont have to re-install FSX.>Looks like the fall back isn't working correctly or texture corruption of the Fresnel_Ramp.dds file then you will see the above behaviour...Do you have it with every livery?http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

I had something similar with the 747-400. And actually its something really simple but I forget.I'm sure its something like this:In FSX, goto Options, Settings, Display. On the Graphics page, make sure Advanced Animations is ticked.In 747-400, I was missing slats and flaps. I turned this setting on, and the objects then appeared.