Sign in to follow this  
CX 747-400

HELP needed with the MD-11 (Visual Model)

>Try modding the fsx.cfg file line>>[GRAPHICS]>TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024>>to your Vcard's Vmemory load. That 8800GTX is 768 (?) and the>9800GTX is 512. It worked earlier. I'm flying now, but it>hasn't happened yet. I'm still at 1024. >>Hang in there. We'll get it.>>(No other .cfg mods for now)>Hi SamJust a reminder that setting TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024 will be a problem if you have FEX SHD installed which needs TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096. As far as I am aware FSX will automatically reset TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024 (from whatever you had it set at) everytime you change your graphics settings and hit the Apply key. Seperate config files editted as needed by hand are a good workaround for this issue.Konrad

Konrad

I must be crazy. I am doing exactly what you said, and the only thing I am finding is FS9. There is no FSX. This is strange.....:-spacecraft Jonathan

Never mind.... Found it.... Thank god for the file search feature in windows. Making the adjustment to the Texture made no difference. I still can not see my airplane.Jonathan

>Never mind.... Found it.... Thank god for the file search>feature in windows. Making the adjustment to the Texture made>no difference. I still can not see my airplane.>>JonathanStrange Jonathan aren't you mixing things up because on Windows XP you can't run the DX10 version!On Windows XP only DX9...http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

Guest D17S

Good job. It can be hard to find. Make sure FSX(9) is set to your monitor's default resolution. In a multi-monitor setup, FS must run on your primary monitor. Remove and reinstall the MD11.Now, as a normal part of FSX/FS9 hygiene, delete this (these) FSX (FS9).cfg file(s). Yes, delete them. They will rebuild the next time you start FSX(9). See if that helps. Fly around a bit. The 1st flight will complete the file's rebuild process. The ". . . 1024" line will be restored. If this still doesn't work, go back in and reset the 1024 to 512. When ever my sim starts to feel funny, this is the 1st thing I do.

I know that I cant run DX10 in XP, but is was worth a try. I have removed the MD-11, deleted the cfg files for both FS9 & X. Spent some time in FSx flying LDS 767 with no issues (other than FPS). Reinstalled MD-11, and have the same results. No Airplane. I am thinking it maybe time to retire the MD11 already, and bring back my other favorite long haul 747 (pmdg of course). Maybe not.... Jonathan

Guest D17S

Well, here's a couple of more suggestions: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814133232Well OK. I admit it. I'm an Nvidia guy, but ATI makes a perfectly fine Vcard. I really don't know what goes on in the ATI CC, but it's gotta be similar. Look this Nvidia setup over. Match up the settings as best you can with your CC. Especially Vsync. http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...D=156769#156769I've spent a couple hours with my loner 9800GTX (while my RMA transolves). The airplane had been disappearing - Just - like your screenies. So far, it's staying in one piece. EDDF > EGLL, tonight . . . or bust. We'll see.

I had a problem with 9800 GTX on XP 64 bit. Whenever I had "bloom" in FSX graphics options on. The textures on most of my commercial addon planes turned white, then the whole screen turned white. When I turned off "bloom" it stayed ok. For FSX.CFG or FS9.CFG it's usually in this directory on XPC:Documents and SettingsAdministratorLocal SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFSXUsually the subdirectory "Local Settings" and "Application Data" is hidden. Search function needs to be adjusted to click on "search in hidden and system files folders" too. Also enabling hidden folders and system files and folders to be seen can be done so through "My computer" -> Click on Tools-> Folder Options->"View" tab, then in the small internal window select radio dot "show hidden files and folders" and also uncheck check box (two below ) "Hide system and operation system files". Of course good to turn it back to hidden for system files after you're done. accidently deleting an important system hidden file can screw up the OS..On VISTA it's put in C:Users -> etc.

Guest ziporama

I'll chime in based on my own experience, not sure if this applies here as each configuration is very different, but it may be worth a shot in case:On XP, do not use the /3Gb switch with some Nvidia cards - the driver doesn't expect the high end memory space to be used in this way on some cards, and causes all kinds of texture artifacts, such as that mentioned here (I had this exact problem on my 8800Ultra on windows XP 32 bit, with the /3Gb switch turned on with many "texture" rich aircraft).On Vista 64 which I have now, with the same 8800 Ultra, I have had this happen six months ago with another add-on. The symptoms were one sided texture, transparent from one side but not the other, or transparent airplanes/buildings. To fix, I uninstalled the entire video driver using the uninstall feature in control panel, then booting Vista in safe mode, then using DriveCleaner pro to delete all registry entries and vestiges of dlls left over anywhere on my system. I rebooted, reinstalled the SAME driver, and my problem with missing surfaces was magically solved. I'm not sure why, can't explain it, outside that perhaps the driver got very confused or there was one setting from perhaps an old profile (lookup a tool called NHancer) that was causing havoc with textures. Also, do not create a new profile for FSX when you try it on the new driver - use the one that comes with it.Again, not sure if any of this is useful, yet I would try a cleanup and re-install of the video driver to see if that fixes your issue as it did mine. Chances are it has nothing to do with the MD-11, and more to do with heavy texture rendering.Good luck,Etienne MartinAVSIM Staff Reviewer

>I know that I cant run DX10 in XP, but is was worth a try. I>have removed the MD-11, deleted the cfg files for both FS9 &>X. Spent some time in FSx flying LDS 767 with no issues (other>than FPS). Reinstalled MD-11, and have the same results. No>Airplane. I am thinking it maybe time to retire the MD11>already, and bring back my other favorite long haul 747 (pmdg>of course). Maybe not.... >>>JonathanMore stranger is that on XP you don't have the option to choose the DX10 preview in FSX because it's disabled (only possible on Vista)...So my question how could you manage to run DX10 preview because maybe here lies your problem :-) Could you make screen shot of your FSX settings and post here?Cheers,http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

Also, another thought, could this have something to do with FSX aircraft and/or scenery shadows enbabled? I know this has been an issue for some high-end add-on scenery airports whereby AI aircraft would disappear. Try disabling all shadow options on both the aircraft and scenery tabs and see if it helps.Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I dont have the option to choose DX10 preview. All I did was to change to texture setting in the config file. I have almost all extra options turned off, and most settings are at the lowest settings. I tried to take some shots, but the file sizes are to large to attach, I will try to get some that are not so large.JOnathan

Thank you to everyone that is trying to help me get this bird in the air properly. I have tried everything everyone has suggested, with no results. I am thinking about possibly replacing my graphics card. Does anyone think this could help, and if so, what would a good card to get (under $200). I am also thinking about going to Vista, however I have heard alot of bad things about its compatability with FS9 (which is still my favorite); any suggestions on either?Thanks,Jonathna