Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrancoisH

[MD-11X] IVAO and Ivap SQWK

Guest FrancoisH

Hello there,I just have a question.Is there a way to make IVAO SQWK being handled trough the MD-11 panel when I turn the button ?Regards.

Guest AV

Are you talking about the squawk code (1200, etc)? Just hit the CLR button on the transponder and enter whatever code you would like on the number pad. Works fine for online ATC.

Guest FrancoisH

No I mean rotation of SQWK mode button (S/B to Tx) activated by the SQWK mode button on the PMDG panel like it's possible on FS9.

I don't think so because the parameter "read/write panel/cockpit offsets" isn't available in IvAp-2. Now, there is a new version in beta-test for FS9 with a complete new weather system. Maybe in the future the developers will include this function in a new IvAp-2. I'll ask the developers one of these days and will let you know here.Have nice flights with the MD-11.PeterBelgium Flightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....

Guest FrancoisH

I do know that 1.9.x version of IVAP is able to read FSUIPC change, there's at least an option for it into the configurator, I should maybe ask Kenny about it...This is not the biggest issue but I know it work with PMDG 747 (I don't have it on FSX so can't say) but I do like this to work. If there's any chance it can be make available, I would be grateful.Anyway, I know PMDG support VATSIM ;) But I'm sure this will not be taken in consideration (I assure you this don't make us, IVAO members, not using your planes ;))Regards.

Hi Francois,Yesterday I saw the IVAO IvAp developers (Filip and Kenny) and asked about it. In IvAp for FS9 you had to enable the the "Read/write/cockpit offsets (IvAp SDK)" in the "General / FSUIPC" page. Now in IvAp-2, that parameter doesn't exist anymore because it is already included in the system. So it will always work. I didn't checked it yet because I just waked up after my journey to the German FS Konferenz in Paderborn. If it shouldn't work, I'll let the developers know and will ask how to solve this issue.Good luck and have nice flights,PeterBelgiumFlightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....

Hi Francois,I couldn't wait for testing. The "Stdby <-> TX" doesn't work with the MD-11 and the B-747, including the Level-D. Switching SQ code does work from the transponder in the aircrafts.Now, I'm gonna mail Filip and Kenny about this issue. I'll let you know as soon as I have more information about it.Best regards,PeterBelgiumFlightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....

Guest FrancoisH

Hello Peter,Thank you for your answers.Regards.

Guest SVA121

It works fine with FSX LVD767 When I changed the IVAP theme to Airbus I think.. Can't remember, but it does not work with PMDG747X and the MD-11.Hope someone somwhere could find a sulotion for it :)Regards,Mo

Hi Francois and Mo,@ FrancoisI already mailed Kenny about it and got a reply. His information was a little too less. Now I'm waiting for more news and let you know.@MoI tried with PMDG B-747 and MD-11 no luck, even with Level-D. I didn't try other themes. But like the reply I received there must be something else needed and I am waiting for more from the developer. Anyway, thanks for your reply.PeterBelgiumFlightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....

Hello Francois and Mo,Here's the solution for the TCAS switch in IvAp-2 :- don't startup FSX ;- start IvAp-2 configuration file ;- go to the "Multi PC page" ;- if you are running on 1 PC, select "Multi PC (master)". I know it sounds strange, see at the end ;- in "modules you should run on this PC" you MUST select SDK/External TCAS ;- select OK ;- start FSX and IvAp-2.If you should select "Single PC", it isn't possible to select the modules. I don't know if you may return to "single PC" once the modules are selected, I didn't test it yet.I checked it with our Queen B-747 and it's running great. I didn't with the MD-11 because of too less time this evening.Good luck and have nice flights,PeterBelgiumFlightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....

Guest SVA121

Thanks Peter, will give it a try tonight.Regards,Mo

Guest SVA121

Did not work for me Peter.Regards,Mo

Thanks for the reply, Mo.Did you test it with the 747 or the MD ?I'll try to do a test later on with the MD.Regards,PeterFlightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....

Guest SVA121

Hey Peter, I tried it with the MDWill give the Queen a go tonight and give you my feedbakc.Regards,Mo