Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

I need help with MD11 Stabiliser trim please......

Phil,Looks like something's still not initialized correctly in the FMS - once you have all the weights and stuff in there correctly, you should see a trim setting on the Takeoff page and the ENG SD there will show you a green safe range for the trim. If you're still having problems, show me what your FMC INIT, PERF and TO pages look like.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Phil,looks as if all is fine with your hydraulics. Are you sure you have the stab trim keys or buttons assigned correctly? Does the stabiliser trim work with other aircraft? Does the STAB TRIM move if you use the 'Long Trim Handle' on the forward centre pedestal?Markus

Markus Burkhard

Phil,Have you entered the take-off flaps setting to the TAKE OFF page?This is the entry required to give you a green band on the stab trim bar. The WEIGHT INT page must also be complete, but I see this is ok since the SD page displays the GW and the CG.I also see that the V-speeds on the PFD are white, which indicates they are manually entered and not computed by the FMS. If you are following the tutorial you should enter all the fields in the TAKE OFF page that are required for V-speeds calculation (including the above mentioned TO FLAPS) and V-speeds will be automatically calculated by the FMS and show in magenta color on the PFD (after you confirm them).You should not just manually enter the V-speeds (it is allowed by it is not a normal procedure)

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Oh Phil please disregard my posting above, I misread your question, sorry!Markus

Markus Burkhard

Thank you for all the quick feedback - much appreciated.Gave up in the end, went and something else, rebooted, and all is now well:-hmmm No idea if t'was me or the PC - sorry to have wasted your time.