Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tabs

MD-11 FAQ and quick guide for Boeing pilots

Just wanted to make sure everyone knows about the FAQ we've created on PMDG Ops:http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_MD-11_FAQThere's a special section at the bottom that essentially gives pilots used to our Boeing products the rough equivalents of the most common features and functions in the MD-11 - definitely check it out if you're transitioning from the NG or 744!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Ryan!Yes indeed: found it. printed it, love it. Having flown nothing but 744s for over ten years now (I still have Robert's original "747-400 PS1 User's Guide" on my shelf - probably a first edition ;-) ) I would go so far as to say that the section for Boeing pilots is indispensable for anyone in my position who wants to avoid the worst gotchas

Hey Team I've completed several flights in the MD-11 so far (more this weekend). Bottom line is there is no substitute for reading the manual. I've not had any major problems getting the hang of most of the systems. But if something goes sidways during a flight you Boeing habits will just make a bigger mess of things. That really seems to be the case with using the FMC and dealing with altering flight plans in flight.It is impresive in every way though.Chuck2008-10-18_9-12-56-208.jpg

Is there a Boeing FMC equivelent to the "Descend Now" button on the MD-11 FMC? I checked the most logical place on the FMC, PERF -> DESCENT page to no avail. Thanks for a clue...Regards,