Sign in to follow this  
AlbertM

Loadmanager trouble

First of all congrats to the PMDG team - what a marvel the MD-11 is !:-beerchug I have a problem with the loadmanager, which seems to refuse to work at all.The loadmanager starts, the status line shows correctly that the MD-11 is loaded, but the weights and fuel show zero ! Not only the pax and cargo weight, but also the ZFW. When I add a load the loadmanager adds up the pax and cargoweights and shows that as ZFW. So when I choose full load the pax weight is 26290kg, the cargo weight is 27578kg and the resulting ZFW shows as 53868kg ! It completely misses the aircraft basic weight !Furthermore I cannot adjust the fuel load - current and max shows both zero and the slider cannot be moved with the mouse, neither do the arrow keys change anything. Mysterious since anything else in the MD-11 seems to be working flawless.My system is running Vista32 (german version - could it be a problem of localised naming in windows where the "program files" folder is named "programme"?)CheersAlbert MartinEdit: forgot to add - the "send to fsx" option works, the ZFW of the aircraft in FS correctly shows basic weight plus load after sending, only since fuel cannot be adjusted it sends fuel load zero.

Albert,It seems that the Load Manager cannot locate the MD-11 aircraft.cfg file. It could be a problem of a non-English version.Is your FSX also a german language version?I'll investigate that and come back to you later.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest milliotseb

Same for me (with french vista and fsX)

Can you please open the registry (from the Start Menu select "Run", then type regedit) navigate to :HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator10.0and tell me what is the "SetupPath".And also tell me the full path for the MD-11 installation? This would be in english: {FSX}SimObjectsAirplanesPMDG_MD11where {FSX} is the path to your FSX installation. I need both the above, exactly as they appear in your language.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

Guest bob

HiI have an English version in Vista 64.My loadmanagers 'Fuel Selector' does not work.I hope my slow fps is due to EGLL, I have a very fast system and have never had such low fps. starting the tutorial at the gate - 6.8 fps.Dissapointed so far.Bob

>I hope my slow fps is due to EGLL, I have a very fast system>and have never had such low fps. starting the tutorial at the>gate - 6.8 fps.Bob,yes EGLL takes some resources indeed.However FSX is very demanding and that's why there will be an FS9 version in a couple of weeks, for those not yet able to run FSX at full speed.Markus

Markus Burkhard

Allright - the setup path entry in the registry is as follows:C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XWhen I open drive C:, though, a folder "program files" does not show up, it's called "Programme"; looking at the properties of the folder "programme" it is e.g. in the security tab shown as object name "C:Program Files". Is it possible that VISTA handles a folder with two different names, the original and the localised ?? The full path would be:C:ProgrammeMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanesPMDG_MD11On the other hand - since the loadmanager DOES update the config correctly it must be able to find the cfg file anyway, right ? It does not read out weight and fuel but can write new weights.ConfusingThanksAlbert

Guest milliotseb

Here is for me:Setup path in registry is J:Microsoft Flight Simulator XMD11 folder isJ:Microsoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanesPMDG_MD11Edit: I looked to the aircraft.cfg and it seems panel selection is not updated too. So it seems that the loadmanager don't know where to find the aircraft file (but I don't have error message and registry keys seems good)

Guest FrancoisH

On vista, the real name of the directory still "Program Files", the other name is only due to some localization from the "desktop.ini" hidden file in the parent directory.If your shortcut point at Program Files, it will not cause any trouble.A friend to me got same issue with French version of Vista/French FSX.

I have the same problem. I am running XP with Fsx on e:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator X

Guest sagoes

Hello, I am running Windows XP Professional (language Portuguese), my FSX language is english and my SetupPath is: C: Arquivos de programasMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator X. The full path for the MD-11: C:Arquivos de programasMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanesPMDG_MD11. Best regards, Orlando.

Guest Patiko

Hi I have the same problem:I am running Vista 32 English Version. Nothing changes when either FSX is running or not. I cannot select fuel.very frustrating as I cannot do the tutorial to us this bird. I find it interesting in another post re the same problem that by inference the testing for the MD11 has not been done on Vista as opposed a non MS supported XPI hope I am wrong here David

David,This is not so. Testing of the MD-11 was done in all operating systems and in various system configurations. While trying to figure out the Load Manager problem, I noticed that all users that reported it were running Vista, so I suspected that this might be a Vista related problem. Which is not the case, as we now have a couple of users on XP reporting the same issue. We are working on it.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

HiFirstly let me say what a great aircraft, but unfortunately I have also had the loadmanager problem, I realise that you are working on this issue, but it thought that I would add my details just in case.When I first installed the MD-11 a couple of days ago I thought I would do the tutorial, so I used the loadmanager to set the aircraft up without any problems, now after doing the tutorial a few times to unlearn everything (to much time on boeings), I find that the loadmanager fuel state has the slider all the way to the top but showing zero fuel which I