Sign in to follow this  
TheDanger

Displays freezing - MD11

Hi all,Running the MD11 on XP 32bit SP3, 8800GTX, Core2Duo E6850, FSX SP2Twice today I have started a flight from KSEA on the runway all engines running etc and took off. Within a few minutes the LCD displays in the cockpit would freeze. I could still fly the aircraft and hear the sounds etc but the displays would not update. I had to restart FSX to correct.Anyone else seeing this?Graham

Graham,What type of AV and firewall software are you using? The panel basically communicates with FS & SimConnect via a virtual TCP/IP connection, and there's an issue known to MS where AV and firewall apps can suddenly block that connection and cause a situation like this.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi,I am using Zonealarm, AV and spyware both turned off.Firewall is running but there is nothing blocked or allowed for PMDG.I am running only in VC with TrackIR. The displays (3 main lcd panels on the MD11) freeze as though they are paused yet everything else moves as normal.ThanksGraham

Yeah, the firewall just does this without anything in the block list, that's the issue - try completely closing it down and seeing if that fixes it. If it does you're just gonna have to shut down the firewall before flying, this is an MS issue, not us...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Following the tutorial and descending to approx 8000ft the displays froze again. I didnt do anything preceding just watching the displays.Clicking on each display to pop up into its own window showed the ND etc working ok yet when closing the pop up window the ND etc to still be frozen. This is with my firewall disabled (which is something I dont like to do)Changing to 2D and the displays worked fine. Reverting back to VC and everything worked ok for remainder of flight.Not sure what triggers it as such but will do the flight again tomorrow and remember anything that I do in case that is causing it.Graham

Hmmmm sounds like a problem i have sometimes with the PMDG 737. Sometimes the displays would freeze, but simply cycling the views to outside and back to 2D usually brings them back alive again.

I am having this issue as well. For me, switching views to an outside view (via the 'S' key) triggers the screens in the VC to freeze. If I press 'A' after re-entering the VC, (via the 'S' key) to switch view positions within the VC, the screens start working again. This happens every time I re-enter the Virtual Cockpit from an external view.The screens do not go black, they just freeze. Simply displaying the information that was current when I left the Virtual Cockpit.Out of all the display issues I've had with the MD-11, this is the only one of them that I can replicate everytime I start a flight.