Sign in to follow this  
cniedzi

Two issues with MD-11: blurries & spoilers arming

Hi you Captains,I have just finished a quick trip with this beautiful bird and I have noticed two issues. Could you be so nice and try to help me?1. When I have parked at Heathrow airport before flight and I have looked around VC and then out the windows, the textures became blurred (the ones in VC and these outside the plane - ground, buildings, sky). When I gone outside there were the same blurries. When I have then pushed ESC to go to the FSX exit menu, and the came back to the airplane, everythings came back to normal for short time. Any idea what's wrong? Am i low on graphics card memory?2. In FSUIPC I tried to assign a FS command SPOILER ARM ON (and SPOILER ARM SET too) to the button on my yoke, but it does not work (the spoiler lever does not arm, but I can hear the same sound as pushing SHIFT+/). The similar commands: SPOILER ARM OFF/TOGGLE,SPOILER ON/OF do work... Did you implemented your own spoiler arming procedure?PS.But when I fly.... there is a heaven :) 10-20 FPS in VC:)My specification is:Core 2 Duo E6600 overclocked to 3.4 GHZnVidia 8800GTS 320MBRAM 4GBWin XP with /3GB switchBest regardsCzarek

I hope I have found a solution to the first issue. It seems that nVidia drivers do not like /3GB switch on XP. With this option the graphics drivers did not load correctly after reboot (the nVidia service does not start at all). I have removed /3GB switch and everything is ok as of now.R.Czarek

Czarek:In regards your second issue, it is probably a keyboard command that you need. Have a look in the PMDG keyboard commands menu.CheersPaul

>> It seems that nVidia drivers do not like /3GB switch on XP.Few 32-bit apps run with this switch as they were never intended to access more than 2Gb of RAM.We're demanding too much from a 32-bit design. I suggest you get a 64-bit OS when possible - it's the only real fix going.I'm not sure what the 64-bit XP is like - drivers were sketchy but hopefully they've got that sorted out now? If not, get Vista 64-bit, but it has its problems. I haven't tried it, so do this at your own risk, but you might find that drivers for Vista run on XP 64-bit.Best regards,Robin.

Paul,I am affraid there is not such keyboard command :(PS. PMDG 747X can use SPOILER ARM ON command by FSUIPC...

Czarek,Just checked that. The KEY_SPOILERS_ARM_ON event is implemented, but there is a bug that prevents it from working properly.Will be fixed in the first update.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

If you are flying VC, for now, look down and right click the handle- feels realistic- can almost hear, "The captain signals he is ready for the before take-off checklist by pulling up on the spoiler handle, so Robert will now begin his flows!" ;)Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 with FS-GS System Unification | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Asus P5E-Deluxe (X48) | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia XBR | NaturalPoint TrackIR Pro | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 500GB Seagate Barracuda 32MB SATA2 x2 (Acronis) | Corsair HX620W PS | PFC Jetliner Yoke and Pedals | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest AV

XP64 has been out for years so the driver support is pretty complete. Vista 64, not that long. You MIGHT run into some issues in driver support for printers, cameras, scanners etc. For a person like me who mainly uses their computer for gaming, it's not a problem unless you play lots of really old games.

As I wrote in other topic:"Yesterday I installed Vista 64-bit and I have to say I am really positively suprised All 4GB can be used, no CTD or OOM... In MD-11 VC I have 20-40 FPS (with default scenery for now Let's see what happends with sophisticated scenery addons..."regardsczarek