Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

Printed Manuals for the Queen

I purchased all of the manuals and a poster for the MD11 and they are very impressive and professional.I was wondering if there is any plans to print a similar set for the 747-400?Also I was wondering if there are any plans on making an upgrade to a 747-800 for the existing 747-400? Thank you,Bobhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...orum/747400.jpg

I'd also like to see a set of manuals for the 744 as the MD-11 manuals look fantastic (haven't received mine yet). My 744 manuals are looking pretty tatty now and a new, bound, full set would be great. It was painful printing them off last time!Maybe if there was enough interest? A 747-800 update would be amazing, particulary if the performance could be improved and some of the new vc controls were implemented.

Ed Haslam

Guest FirstOfficerFast

I'm pretty sceptical about an -800 update, after all, what good is it for addon developers striving for maximum realism to take a few educated guesses to extrapolate how Boeing might build the new -800? Personally, I don't think that would make any sense...

Guest Mower

Sadly, IMHO the day of the 747 has passed. The same for FS9! Existing ships may live on as freighters for another decade but otherwise it is done. So I see no point in pursuing it. Time to move on with the NGX.

Guest FirstOfficerFast

Exactly. I find it hard to believe that the pax -800 will ever be built, since only LH ordered any to date. About the freighter - well, we will see. Go NGX!

Guest hangar744

I've been busy writing an in-depth manual for the 744 hydraulic system. I'm sure you sim-guys might be interested as well. However, my book is not for the weekend-pilots, but for the few who really want to know what pin no. 71 output, or 57 input are on HYDIM P1. Of course there will be clear explanation of the basics as well, so everybody can understand at least a few pages out of the 1000+ pages. I prepare this manual for my own joy and to help my colleagues. I take my time...so do not expect it tomorrow.EDIT: in-depth instead of in depth...sorry. regards,delcom

Guest Danipelos

>I've been busy writing an in-depth manual for the 744>hydraulic system. I'm sure you sim-guys might be interested as>well. However, my book is not for the weekend-pilots, but for>the few who really want to know what pin no. 71 output, or 57>input are on HYDIM P1. Of course there will be clear>explanation of the basics as well, so everybody can understand>at least a few pages out of the 1000+ pages. I prepare this>manual for my own joy and to help my colleagues. I take my>time...so do not expect it tomorrow.>>EDIT: in-depth instead of in depth...sorry. >>regards,>delcom Hi, I am really interested in your work. Do you have a website or a blog from where I could keep an eye on your work in progress?Regards, Daniel Santos.

Guest hangar744

Hi Daniel,sure there is a site, but for some reason it doesn't work at the moment. Reason is unknown to me. I hope it's just a little hitch so it'll be back online in no time.http://www.nippoo.netregards,delcom

Guest Danipelos

>Hi Daniel,>sure there is a site, but for some reason it doesn't work at>the moment. Reason is unknown to me. I hope it's just a little>hitch so it'll be back online in no time.>>http://www.nippoo.net>>regards,>delcomThanks for the link, Ill be tracking your work :)Regards,Daniel Santos.

Guest hangar744

Hi Daniel,it seems the above mentioned link does not exist anymore. I hope they did not pull the plug on it.Anyway, let me show you one page of my 744 hydraulic power manual. This is just an early stage of the development, so the final layout might be totally different later on. Since I cannot use original drawings for obvious reasons, I have to photograph every component myself. Which probably you can imagine takes time. Not mentioning that I prefer to have the components removed from the a/c, so I can take proper shots from any angle I want to. I also have to be lucky with some components that not always require removal (like a heat exchanger) to keep an eye on. If I see one of those rare ones removed I try to take photos during my coffee break. My collection is almost complete concerning hydraulic system components. Now I'm trying to find a nice and simple way to present them in a manual. Still playing around with the colors and flag notes...but I don't want any overcomplicated layout. I really want illustrations in this manual otherwise it would be as boring as a telephone book.regards,delcom http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/193874.gif