Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

MD-11 Fuel

Hi Robert and friendsI am slowly but surely learning my way around the MD-11. Each time you guys release a product, you seem to take things up a notch. Well done.Having said that, I am miffed by one aspect of the MD-11. Why have you set it up to load each time with zero fuel in the tanks? Can you please help us change this so that we won't run out of fuel and have the engines die before we can load fuel manually in the PMDG Options Menu?

>Hi Robert and friends>>I am slowly but surely learning my way around the MD-11. Each>time you guys release a product, you seem to take things up a>notch. Well done.>>Having said that, I am miffed by one aspect of the MD-11. Why>have you set it up to load each time with zero fuel in the>tanks? Can you please help us change this so that we won't run>out of fuel and have the engines die before we can load fuel>manually in the PMDG Options Menu?Just run the loadmanager the first time without starting first FSX :-)http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

Matt,fuel is set via the panel states and we did include a realistic amount of fuel for all of those.The intention was that for panel states reflecting gate departure there would only be 8 tonnes of fuel or so, to give you the possibility to go through real refueling (using the MCDU refueling panel).There should not be 0 fuel with any panel state and when we checked them before release all was fine. For some people there seems to be a load manager problem though setting the fuel to 0. Michael is looking into this. Now if you want for the time to go around this problem by starting the load manager before loading the MD-11 you can do so of course but you have to be aware that if you load a saved flight afterwards this will override the ZFW set by the load manager.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard