Sign in to follow this  
NicholasB

YBBN ILS01 Turns way too early on right base (MD11)

Hi Folks,Just had a great flight up from Sydney to Brisbane. the only thing i found abnormal was that when appraoching my base turn for Brisbane ILS01 the aircraft started its turn way to early and headed directly for the runway threshold diagonaly. This also caused the aircraft to fly above the intercept point for the glideslope. I had to go manual to get her down safely.FYI the SID was BLAKA4!?, with glenn transition, full autoflight untill the problem occured. Full auto flight as in NAv enganged along with Vertical Profile. Has anyone had the same problem and if so or not, any advice?Sorry I dont have a screenshot.Normaly during approach procedure i would use, heading hold, vertical speed, command speed etc. Do you think that having all parameters contolled by th FMC may hav caused this problem?Thanks in advance,NicholasBB

Sounds like the procedure file had a small bug. You should always be sure that (if flying the early intercept in NAV) the magenta route leads properly to the extended runway centerline of the runway. Otherwise you might be approaching the LOC beam in a too shallow angle. You did have LAND armed, right ?I would suggest flying the initial approach stages in HDG SELECT (and then arm APPROACH) if the approach magenta line itself doesn't look right.Tero

PPL(A)

Hi Guys,Thanks for the replies, ill give those a try, but the STAR i had programed was BLAKA4 with GLENN transition for ILS 01,So i do suspect theri may be a small bug there somewhere. Ill do the flight again tonight using NAV select, V speed etc for the inital approach. If I still have a problem ill post.Many Thanks,NicholasBB

Guest spools

Hi,I did a flight this evening YSSY - YBBN, GLENN FOUR arrival with a GC transition fr FL340. Worked like a dream.....autoland right on the numbers.CheersGraham McAllister

Hi Graham,Thanks for your feedback. I did this flight again. Same route STAR TRANSITION etc. The only difference was that this time i used HEADING Select, V Speed and Speed Selection for the initial appraoch before arming autoland. This time it worked like a dream.Ill have another bash at it tomorrow using full FMS profile and Lateral NAV autopiloting and see how it goes.Im starting to suspect my original problem may have been due to me canceling a waypoint in the STAR that threw the system out. Kind of like a king hit that confused it a bit. However, I must say that when i did this edit i was still on the ground in YSSY during the initial FMC programing.Nevertheless, my second flight tonight was so fun. I like other are slower noticing the nuances of this Douglas Bird and realy enjoying it. Such a sweet airplane. Thanks again PMDG.Cheers,NicholasBB

Hey guys,I have a similar problem at FACT. The aircraft comes down to the left of the runway - almost like it heading right into the VOR hut...

...strange! I have this same problem every ILS approach I shoot. I'm from the USA and tried the ILS into KBWI rwy33L, KRIC rwy02 and one at KRDU. Every time the airplane tracks the LOC in left of centerline. Then will fly the airplane into the ground unless I take action. I'm so confused as to what would cause this. I'm a real world commercial pilot and I understand how the AFS works. Any help would be loved!Kurt Collins

Here i was thinking it was me doing something wrong... i have done a few flights now but no luck... always to the left