Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

MD11 is this normal?

In the real world or in the sim? ;)Looks like its just a bit confused about the control positions, a quick shake of the stick would probably sort things out.While it could well be a problem with the MD, if you are trying to keep it as real as it gets, put it down to an aircraft sensor problem. I dont think there are many pilots that have a flight where absolutely nothing goes wrong for months, be it a pack failure, electrics, flight deck door wont lock etc. Theres an MEL for a reason ;)CheersPaul

I know of one airline where failures are perfectly normal and it's a rare day when the aircraft dispatches without a thing or two failed (yaw dampers etc - not flight deck doors!)! :-lolBest regards,Robin.

That's definitely weird. I don't ever remember seeing that in beta. It's not happening on my end, and that's the extent of my problem solving capabilities.Do things go back to normal if you move the controls around, or are they always stuck like that? Is it only that one panel state?

>In the real world or in the sim? ;)>>Looks like its just a bit confused about the control>positions, a quick shake of the stick would probably sort>things out.>>While it could well be a problem with the MD, if you are>trying to keep it as real as it gets, put it down to an>aircraft sensor problem. I dont think there are many pilots>that have a flight where absolutely nothing goes wrong for>months, be it a pack failure, electrics, flight deck door wont>lock etc. Theres an MEL for a reason ;)>>Cheers>>PaulIn the real world you wouldn't depart ;-)http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

>That's definitely weird. I don't ever remember seeing that in>beta. It's not happening on my end, and that's the extent of>my problem solving capabilities.>>>Do things go back to normal if you move the controls around,>or are they always stuck like that? Is it only that one panel>state?Thanks Mike strange thing is when I load the MD11 from start it's ok and all works as the real world counter part and as expected :-)But I have the habit to load first the default Baron and then load the aircraft of choice...It seems after this action the control get stuck and the program is confused even after a normal panel initialisation...@ Tero I give you this behaviour on a certain 75... lolhttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

Andres, A few things to check:1. Yoke/Joystic calibrated correctly2. What was the panel state you loaded? It could be that you ended with some of the HYD systems unpressurized. If you loaded the "Short Ground Term" or the "Before Engines Start" panel state, both of which should come with APU on, there is a known issue that sometimes the APU is not ON when you load these panel states. In this case loading the panel state a second time will solve the problem.3. In the FS display menus there is an "Advance Animations" check box. Make sure this is checked, otherwise some of the control surfaces will not animate in the external model.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

>Andres, >>A few things to check:>>1. Yoke/Joystic calibrated correctly>2. What was the panel state you loaded? It could be that you>ended with some of the HYD systems unpressurized. If you>loaded the "Short Ground Term" or the "Before Engines Start">panel state, both of which should come with APU on, there is a>known issue that sometimes the APU is not ON when you load>these panel states. In this case loading the panel state a>second time will solve the problem.>3. In the FS display menus there is an "Advance Animations">check box. Make sure this is checked, otherwise some of the>control surfaces will not animate in the external model.>> Thanks Michael for an amazing aircraft.First rechecked my hardware calibration.Then was indeed checking of HYD systems where pressurized...Advance animations are on ;-) all working Ok.Going to recheck again :-) http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

I get the same behavior when loading the "cold and dark" MD11-F panel state file. His picture is highlighting the fact that the inboard port-side elevator does not move and thus it does not show up on the display.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Turn off the AUX Hydraulics pump after set the trim, and then start engine, I think you will have no problem on this.

I can report the exact same problem. Tried recalibrating, etc., check hyd, etc., advanced animations, etc. all OK.This was when loading the panel state for the tutorial.I did however, load the default trike before loading the MD-11. Based on what I read in this thread, I should instead load the MD-11 straightaway.I'll try that and see if the elevator thing straightens out.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>I can report the exact same problem. Tried recalibrating,>etc., check hyd, etc., advanced animations, etc. all OK.>>This was when loading the panel state for the tutorial.>>I did however, load the default trike before loading the>MD-11. Based on what I read in this thread, I should instead>load the MD-11 straightaway.>>I'll try that and see if the elevator thing straightens out.>>Rhett>>FS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3>Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600>Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm>Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate>64>ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GTRhett made myself a cold and dark situation then changed to a short parked settings and saved the panel file all went now ok...There is something serious wrong with the memory use and panel initializing...http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André