Sign in to follow this  
3-2-1-Now

Problem Aligning IRS

Hi,This is just bizarre!Yesterday, I could align the IRS without any issues. The system was taking position from the GNS, and at the appropriate time, I could INITIALIZE IRS* and all would be well.The system was flying overnight, but I awoke this morning to find it had crashed, STOP 0x000000F4. This system is a bit temperamental, so my feeling is that it is nt related to the MD-11 (but thought I'd make you aware of that). The cause was the HD had stopped responding to the system, as sometimes happens (I think the RAID loses sync and the drivers can't handle it).So, I restarted the system after a power down, get the MD-11 running again etc.. and wait for panel initialization. After the panel has initialized, I load the MD-11 C&D situation.I power up the aircraft and wait for the APU. Once the systems are powered, I proceeded to turn on the IRS, followed by the various alerts etc.. then the FMS CP memo: ALIGN IRS. Uhh - the FMS/IRS doesn't want to acknowledge a position input from the GNS. I can't align the IRS!I did install FS2Crew last night, but found it took a bit of performance away from the aircraft (plus I'm unfamiliar with it) so proceeded to restore the MD-11 panel.cfg file from the FS2Crew UI (the sim was shut down). Is this likely to be a factor? The aircraft was running fine after this change last night.Many thanks indeed for your help.Best regards,Robin. PS: I tried to e-mail you both from my corporate account and Yahoo! but I didn't receive an auto-reply.EDIT: I now have memos for IRS 1/2/AUX NO ALIGN. I'm still unable to align the IRS, and can't manually enter a position to do so either.EDIT2: GNS appears to be functioning - it is giving correct positional data. Failures are disabled.EDIT3: I inhibited GNS position, and now the FMS knows where it is???EDIT4: I re-enabled GNS positioning, and now it is aligning OK!