Sign in to follow this  
BROGS

Flight Dynamics

I was flying the 744 Freighter from PANC to KILN a distance of about 2,500 nm, about midway into the Flight at cruise the Aeroplane began to swing violently from side to side around the longitudinal axis, then the airspeed went off the Gauge,it then began to lose height and drift off course. There wasn,t any Chop nor any unusual Weather Conditions, when I cut the A/P and brought it back under control everything was ok for an hour or two and the it started again,, I,m at a loss to explain this as this is the second time it has happened in FSX. The pre-flight was normal ,Fuel and Cargo were loaded through the relevant PMDG Loaders, there were no FMC Messages re the Trim etc and the add-ons I was using were FDC and the Pirep for the Cargo VA I fly for, the weather was d/loaded through FSX every 15 mins and that was the only weather Engine, as I have had problems with AS, and I only use it under certain conditions. Any ideas would be much appreciated, Thankyou:-hmmm

Hi,Please sign your posts with your real name, it's a forum rule that you should have read before posting.What you experienced *is* FSX's infamous weather shifting, even if you didn't notice anything immediately unusual. The wind can unrealistically shift violently many times per second and you can get sudden temperature and pressure changes that cause controlability issues like this. I've seen it myself numerous times.It's a well known problem, especially when using real world weather. There's no solution that completely fixes it, but using Active Sky X in conjunction with registered FSUIPC 4 weather smoothing is the best thing you can do.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

So I presume Ryan we are talking about a Registered Version of FSUIPC?,I have one for FS9 but not for FSX, thanks for the info, I,ll give it a try ! Mike Brogan

Mike:Keep in mind, that even with ASX and FSUIPC, the weather engine in FSX is worse than that in FS9- and FS9's could use improving! Keep your fingers crossed for FSXI ;).Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 with FS-GS System Unification | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Asus P5E-Deluxe (X48) | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia XBR | NaturalPoint TrackIR Pro | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 500GB Seagate Barracuda 32MB SATA2 x2 (Acronis) | Corsair HX620W PS | PFC Jetliner Yoke and Pedals | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

>Mike:>>Keep in mind, that even with ASX and FSUIPC, the weather>engine in FSX is worse than that in FS9- and FS9's could use>improving! Keep your fingers crossed for FSXI ;).>>Best->Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225>http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png>| XP Pro SP3 with FS-GS System Unification | 2 x APC UPS |>Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Asus P5E-Deluxe (X48) | e8500 @>4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia>XBR | NaturalPoint TrackIR Pro | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 500GB>Seagate Barracuda 32MB SATA2 x2 (Acronis) | Corsair HX620W PS>| PFC Jetliner Yoke and Pedals | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |Thanks Carl,looks like I,m going to use FS9 for the Long Haul Flights and FSX for my ATR and Fun Flights where I can sit at the controls for a couple of hours as opposed to nine +