Sign in to follow this  
fbass

MD-11 Use Under Vista

The old saying goes - it is never too late to learn something. I was a little frustrated at not being able to fly the MD-11 because of OOM problems. Well, I set the 3Gb switch under Vista and I was able to access the aircraft without the system crashing. I did not change any setting in FSX in order to use the MD-11.So, I'm pretty pleased at this point. Note: My FSX settings are extremely high so this is very good news. Right now I'm using a significant custom AI environment set at 100% plus high autogen settings. I also use nHancer to set my graphics functions.The bottom line - if the aircraft remains stable on my system then it will run on most systems. You might have to tone down your settings but at least it will run.Thanks to PMDG for a wonderful product and to everyone who commented on the OOM issues I had.Frank

Hey FrankDo you mind posting your system specs please, im going to build a new computer sooner than planned (just because the my precious MD was released for X first)Bryan

Frank,Just a question on the 3 GB switch: you patched FSX.exe certainly but did you also have to change the Windows Vista settings? (I don

Edmundo Azevedo

Guest pilot-joey

>Frank,>>Just a question on the 3 GB switch: you patched FSX.exe>certainly but did you also have to change the Windows Vista>settings? (I don

Guest Mower

Note that with Vista 64 bit this mod is completely unnecessary.