Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Error with MD-11 Tutorial document?

There seems to be a error in the tutorial document, (Or most likely I'm not doing it right) where it says to enter 22 degrees for takeoff flaps in the FMC. There is no 22 degree setting. When I do this, I get flap warnings on takeoff roll. When set to 15 no warning, and takeoff is normal. Could anyone verify this, or tell me what I'm doing wrong?Thanks

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I'm pretty sure its in the tutorial, it requires you to use the dial-a-flap. A little wheel to the right of the flap level. when you rotate the wheel, the indicate next it will show the dial-a-flap setting. Set that to 22.

Adding to Andy's post, you should get a TO warning if the flaps are not set for take-off, regardless of the dial-a-flap setting (15

Markus Burkhard

When I had the flaps set for 15 and FMC set for 15, takeoff was normal. With flaps set at 15 but 22 in FMC the warning sounded. I wasn't aware of the "Dial a flap" setting, so I'll try it again using that!Thanks Guys!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d