Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrancoisH

Auto brakes

Guest FrancoisH

Hello there,I wonder about two things...Is there a way to use the auto-brakes for rejected take off and if yes, wich button/key I should press to cancel take-off ?And second, is the message "BRAKE" should show on the bottom left end of the screen or not ?Because in first case I did not found this information yet in the documentation and for the second, three landing with no "BRAKE" showing in red.Regards.

TAKEOFFAs per checklist you arm the spoilers, and also set the AutoBrakes in TO mode (forward on the center pedestal next to brake press gauge). And even though I have not read that part of the manual yet, I'm almost 100% sure that the aborted takeoff sequence is started as soon as you idle the thrust levers.LANDINGIn the descent/approach checklist you set the same autobrake switch to MIN, MED or MAX depending or runway length and/or preference.Cheers,Xander

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

Guest FrancoisH

Yes but what I mean about landing is the "BRAKE" you see generally with auto brakes working don't show on my screen.So is that normal way, or this means something disable brakes ?

If you have a green box then 'puter is satisfied that you have the correct configuration (for T/O and Landing). This includes autobrakes.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest FrancoisH

Again this is not my question...I mean I don't have a clue if the Auto brakes are effectively working...I find their action almost negigeable and I would like to know when they're active if I'll show, or not, a "BRAKE" alert of FS (bottom left of scrren) like when Iuse them manually.Regards.

I believe the red 'Brakes' label your refering to, is actually nothing to do with ANY addon.It's the FS9/X default display. I would suggest your flight controls need recallibrating.

Guest FrancoisH

I just tried to remove assignement of any joystick to brak axis and seems it do not work as well...I checked to test the "High Decceleration rate" and I still seem to have no brake action.Regards.

Francois,Check and see if you have Left/Right Brakes Failure tripped in the general FS failures menu.Hope it helps,

Guest FrancoisH

I don't have any failure active but maybe there's something I don't know about this plane ?Maybe despite the "AUTO BRAKE" I see ne blue, I still HAVE to use brake manually to activate braking ? But in Airbus or Boeing, it more likely deactivate automatic braking than activating it.So I confirm after many test, seems that auto-brake never work correctly for me... I'm sure I do something wrong somewhere...If I land "manually", auto-brake should activate anyway, don't they ? And if I take-off and take back my throttle to idle, don't the auto-brake should activate immediatly ?Regards.

Do you have any form of Rudder Pedals with braking function? I have the Saitek Rudder and there is a conflict somewhere that prevents the autobreake on the PMDG birds from working. Haven't figured it out yet but the lacking function of the autobreaks is definately somehow related to the pedals.

Guest FrancoisH

I tried deactivating my pedals but seems to have same effects. (I removed the axis from being configured).

Guest FrancoisH

Ok I use same pedals as you...When I disable joystick, it's working perfectly.If I activate joystick, it don't work. May this be releated to FSUIPC (used to configure reversers only) or related to something else ?Anyway it's really an annoying issue.

Guest FrancoisH

Hello,Here's my solution to our problem with Saitek Rudder Pedals.First you need registered FSUIPC version.Set axis normally in FS like you do it before but uncheck the "Reverse" action of the right and left toe as you need to have it working into FS.Then open FSUIPC, calibrate both rudder axis ad "Send to FS as normal axis", one for left brake, one for right brake.Then in FSUIPC axis calibration, chec the "REV" box to reverse axis.Leave it as that and test your differential brake still working.Then, do a rejected take-off and auto-brakes will work !But this is not a 100% working fix... There's still a problem which make I need to set it both in FSUIPC and in FS axis tab and this not solve really the issue all the time... You have to open FSUIPC options and validate to make it fully working at first start of FS.Regards.

>If you have a green box then 'puter is satisfied that you>have the correct configuration (for T/O and Landing). This>includes autobrakes.Dan,This is not true. Tne green box does not check for autobrakes, only for gear, flaps, armed spoilers and stab tim (the last two only during T/O)

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest FrancoisH

I does more test around this issue.So, if I define brakes into FSUIPC and not in FS, pressing my brakes toe do not release parking brake... I have to use my joystick button or ";" key on my keyboard. This is a little problem, but it still not the way it should work.If I do use the FS calibration and axis assignation, I've to check the "reverse" box on the right because Saitek rudder have toe sending positive value when released. So you have to invert the signal. But in this case, if I do not have break lighting up (or differential brake), I still get no auto-brakes.I suspect MD-11 do not like the "reverse" check box into the control parameters and think I'm using brakes all the time... Regards.