Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrancoisH

Auto brakes

It's good to see that I sent you on the right track. As I said, I know what causes it, but I haven't had the time to sort the problem out myself and find a solution. It's a problem that occurs with all PMDG Aircraft and the Saitek Rudder Pedals. It's not just the MD-11 but the 737 and 747 as well.

Guest FrancoisH

I do not get this problem with my 747 or 737 under FS9.But I taught a friend today how to start and t/o with the MD11. He use the same Rudder and got the same issue I got myself (as far as he said ;) )

Guest pilot-joey

>I do not get this problem with my 747 or 737 under FS9.>>But I taught a friend today how to start and t/o with the>MD11. He use the same Rudder and got the same issue I got>myself (as far as he said ;) )And here another one, join the club :(!Regards, Joey

I just want to join in - I am also not able to get the autobrake to work. I am using CH pedals.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Hey guys, I've been having the same problem, but I HAVE had it work intermittently. I've just changed the outer dead zone of the rudder pedals. Judging from other forum posts it looks like the the rudder pedals are JUST enough deflected to make the plane think that the brakes are being depressed. The only problem with this logic is that the autobrakes should deactivate, so we'll see if it works!Paul Davies

Hmm , I have only simple 8 button joystick , no rudder pedals , no FSUIPC , no other addon airplanes , fresh install of FSX and Autobrakes not working for me too. Simply is nothing happened after touchdown , what is problem with so heavy bird.Can anyone help ? How activate these Autobrakes correctly ?

Hi all ,same here using "only" a Logitech joystick.No Autobrakes after Landing.................So i have to brake from "Hand" to not overshoting the Runway.cheersMario

>Hmm , I have only simple 8 button joystick , no rudder pedals>, no FSUIPC , no other addon airplanes , fresh install of FSX>and Autobrakes not working for me too. Simply is nothing>happened after touchdown , what is problem with so heavy>bird.>Can anyone help ? How activate these Autobrakes correctly ? Probably you've done so, but just in case:Have you armed the autobrakes by turning the autobrakes rotatry knob on the pedestal?

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest FrancoisH

>ABS and Disconnect>> I got another autobrake little glitch (because plane should not be used this way, but anyway it still cause this issue :)) : > * Do a rejected take-off.> * Press brakes to cancel autobrakes.> * Re-arm auto-brakes on TO.> * Set trust a little forward.> * Auto brakes got again disabled (with light on panel)I posted this in another thread but still have no return if this is an issue or not...I would add as well as parking brake can not always be disconnected when pressing toes... and that the key for the parking brake can set it but not disconnect it... it just set it every time.Regards.

Guest EDSJ

The Autobreak at my MD11 wont work, too.My Hardware: Saitek Ruddel Padels, MS FFB2. So i know about Fokker 100 that all must be calibrated. Ok Saitek make an automatic calibrate. My Joystick is celebrated and work as well on other planes. This week the autobrake works only one times. Dont know about a solution about this. I've do everything the same on this day. Now i dont know what can i do next. And FSUIPC is no solution for me!

Guest EDSJ

Ok ive a hard worked on this fault. Dont know other planes work with autobreak in the first time.Generell its not a MD11 problem. I've say that i use a saitek rudder.This is a work around for all how use saitek.First reset your saitek options in FSX.Set sensitivity to full right and null zone to 50%. Set to brakes to REVERSE. Now all works fine. Test it please first with a normal plane of MS. If this work, MD11 will work too.

Guest EDSJ

Yes, it works one time... After this never more... Whats wrong?I've checked now MS 737 Autobreak, work fine. I've tested it all. With other products too. All work, but my MD11 wont do it... So my tests:Load MD11 from Cessna. Test Autobreak on ground two or three time with RTO. Wow, it works. Ok, know a little flight. After a traffic pattern final and land with no working autobreak... I cant belive it. Ok try RTO, RTO dont work. So why wont work the autobreak of MD11. I cant sort it out!

EDSJ,Please use your name as forum rules require. When the notice that the autobrakes do not work: - Is the ABS disarm light on the glareshield illuminated? (if in 2D and are using the "left-shifthed" FCP window this light will not be visible).- Do you see the red FS "brakes" message on the bottom of your screen?- Is manual braking working? I suppose you know that but just in case:- After autobrakes are applied once, to arm them again you need to move the autobrakes totary switch to OFF and then to the required position. - For a landing autobrakes should not be in the RTO position.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest EDSJ

Please use your name as forum rules require.SorryWhen the notice that the autobrakes do not work:- Is the ABS disarm light on the glareshield illuminated? (if in 2D and are using the "left-shifthed" FCP window this light will not be visible).No- Do you see the red FS "brakes" message on the bottom of your screen?No with Autobreak, yes with manuell toe breaks in use.- Is manual braking working?Yes, and parkingbreak disarmed over toes works.I suppose you know that but just in case:- After autobrakes are applied once, to arm them again you need to move the autobrakes totary switch to OFF and then to the required position.Sure and you must give a little bit power on engines and then to off and to RTO for TakeOff.- For a landing autobrakes should not be in the RTO position. No, thats clear. I set it to medium or Maximum for test.I get no Brake Message on down left. Disarm light is not illuminate. AutoBreak dont work, have no affect. After i push my toe breaks, i get disarmed in glare.Regards Swen