Sign in to follow this  
Guest hangar744

Found one more amazing FS9 744F logic

Guest hangar744

Hi guys,I thought I share this info with you all. I found one more beautiful touch included by PMDG in the FS9 744F. This time it's the air/ground logic. Please, bear with me.I was messing around with the (GHB) Ground Handling Bus today. As its name suggests it is only available when the aircraft is in ground mode. One might think that the air/ground logic is only controlled by the body gear downlock sensors, wing gear truck tilt sensors and the nose gear squat sensors. Well...not really.There is more to the logic, and believe it or not PMDG included even the following tiny detail. I was really HAPPY. So the bird is on the ground, engines at idle and I had only #4 AUX HYD PUMP running which is powered by the GHB. So if this pump runs it means the aircraft is in ground mode. When this pump shuts down it means that the aircraft is in air mode. So how do you put the air/ground logic in air mode when actually the bird is parked on the ramp?If any three or more engines are operating above 75 percent N2 the #4 AUX HYD PUMP stops. Bingo. The (BCU) Bus Control Unit trips the (GHR)Ground Handling Relay. Just like on the real kite.Thumbs up for PMDG again.I hope I'm not the only sick guy here who gets excited by little things like this...lol.Of course I'm an evil, so I'm gonna go ahead and find out if this is really programmed into the air/ground logic itself, not just some kind of "trick" that only energizes and inhibits the GHB only. I think PMDG did a honest job anyway...but you know, just to make sure.regards,delcom

Guest hangar744

I've just realized...everybody is busy with their md-11's. Anyone out there still takin' the old fat lady for a spin once in a while?Just interested...lol.regards,delcom

Still using mine - FSX/MD11 and my rig don't like each other, so it's back to the tried, trusted and thoroughly enjoyed 'fat lady'on FS9.1.This weekend will be MD11 engineering weekend to see what will play nicely and still provide some realism. And of course I still have to read the manual - all 1100 pages or so. No flying 'til certified.........lolRick

Guest Callmecapt

Currently doing the amazing race, season 5, in the 747-400.72 000 miles of round the world in the 747. Currently in South America in Montevideo. Going to St Petersburg after this one via Dubai. I've set a goal. When I finish the amazing race in the 747, that's when I'll probably have enough to buy the MD-11.Goran

Although I can believe that the MD-11 is a fantastic achievement, I still intend to stay with The Queen. I have been flying her for a good few years and my heart will stay with her.Roll on a 748 simulator!Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Guest hangar744

Thanks for the replies guys,The only thing that keeps me away from an other a/c type is that I cannot grow an other brain. Even in real life I try to keep away from other types than 744. However, when I'm forced to work on let's say a 738 or 772...I simply do my job per manual (which is really safe btw, just not rewarding at all) I make sure I do not dig deep in system logic...plus after the task is done I immediately erase my memory.Thankfully 99.99 percent of the time I work on 744, so I reserved a large amount of my brain capacity for the nuts and bolts of the 744.regards,delcom

Guest FrancoisH

I do fly the FS9 747 too... and as soon as PMDG release the FS9 version of MD11, I'll not use anymore FSX I just installed for this plane. Why ? Because I'll soon use FSX more often on a new machine (and got the combo).You point there why PMDG 747 is Boeing licensed ;)Regards.

Guest hangar744

Wait a minute...I just read my own post again, and something just did not sound right.Let me correct myself.Running any three engines above 75% N2 indeed disconnect the GHB, however does NOT render the air ground logic into air mode. That would be non-sense...duh. Just think about the consequences.This action only applies to the GHB and has nothing to do with the PSEU. After all...the trick lies in the real kite itself. This does not change the test results, the PMDG GHB behavior is still simulated perfectly.I'm surprised nobody realized I wrote all that bull...lol. PS for Qavion: The misleading sentence can be found in AMM 24-51-00 paragraph 7. (14) (:(sincerely and respectfully,delcom

Guest hangar744

Great,and turns out it is all mentioned in the PMDG AOM 11 Aircraft Systems document page 16. I feel kinda stupid now. Apparently I've never opened any PMDG manuals before. Today it's time to change this bad habit of mine.regards,delcom