Sign in to follow this  
Manny

I can't view the Pop up panels.

When I go to view any of the Pop up panels...I see a flash but don't see the Panel. When I go to view Instruments again, I see that checked.None of them appear. I am in VCAny ideas?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Am I the only one? :(

Manny

Manny,Is this happening when you click on the PFD, ND, EAD screens (zoom cursor appears)? If you assign keyboard commands from the AddOns->PMDG menu ("panel windows" section), and use them to display pop-up windows is this still happening? In the 2D panel view are pop-up windows displayed when you click on the relevant click-spots? Are you running FSX in full screen or windowed mode? Are you using a single monitor, or more that one monitors? If you are using more than one monitors, how have you arranged panel components?

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

>Manny,>>Is this happening when you click on the PFD, ND, EAD screens>(zoom cursor appears)? When I click on any of those, it just blacks out..but I don't see a pop up of that panel anywhere,,, But when I move my cursor around, I see the (zoom cursor) elsewhere.>If you assign keyboard commands from the AddOns->PMDG menu>("panel windows" section), and use them to display pop-upWhen I assign a key and click that key, the same thing happens. >windows is this still happening? >In the 2D panel view are pop-up windows displayed when you>click on the relevant click-spots? Nope!I suspect its cause by default, it goes into "Undocked" mode. Like the when I click on Overhead panel. I don't see it there...but its so big and when I move my cursor around and right click "undock", I can then see the overhead panel. Once its undocked, I can then view and un view (toggle) it around, >Are you running FSX in full screen or windowed mode? >Are you using a single monitor, or more that one monitors? >If you are using more than one monitors, how have you arranged>panel components? > > I tried both..same effect. No change in behavior (windowed of full screen)I am on Win XP. I have two LCD Screens (24" widescreen) and another 19" ELO. But my FSX is only on the 24" WidescreenManny

Manny

Manny:Is your FS Screen resolution the same as your monitor resolution?Do you see other menus okay? For example if you open the aircraft select window, when in the sim, do you see it or is the screen black?Are your video drivers up to date?CheersPaul

Hi Paul.I think so.. This is the only aircraft I am having problems with pop up windows. And yes..its the same resolution 1920 x 1200 for 24" dellManny

Manny

Manny,Two things to try:1. We have seen in the 747 this behavior (flashing and disappearing pop-ups) with some nVidia cards in windowed mode with a maximized window. Not full screen, but window mode with max window. If the window was restored and resized manually the problem was solved. 2. Regarding the undocked windows you see:Go to the "My documentsFlight Simulator X Files" folder, delete the "UI generated flight.FLT" flight files that are automatically generated by FS, and try again. Let me know if any of those helped. Michael

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg