Sign in to follow this  
Guest AngeloCosma

How to KEY Map Buttons

>I only managed to assign ATS disengage to a keyboard key using>the PMDG key assignment dialogue. Likewise you can also program a TOGA Keyboard command to trigger a Go-around.. (Ctrl+Shift+G or even better 'X')This is how I'm doing it for the time being. Much better than open the Forward Pedestal during approach.Regards,Harry

OK guys, don't bother with than anymore. This is a bug, I have just identified. It affects both the ATS disengage and the Go-Around events. Control assignments for these will only work when set from the PMDG menu, not from the FSX menu, so it is not possible to assign a joystick/yoke button to them.Will be fixed in the next update (that will be available when the FS9 version is released).

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

As it falls into the same subject...I would like to use the 3 button below the levers on the Saitek throttle for switching on and off the fuel levers. For other planes this works fine by assigning the mixture rich/lean via FSUIPC. What solution can be found for the MD11? Thanks for any hint on how to do it.

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

>As it falls into the same subject...>I would like to use the 3 button below the levers on the>Saitek throttle for switching on and off the fuel levers. For>other planes this works fine by assigning the mixture>rich/lean via FSUIPC. What solution can be found for the MD11?>Thanks for any hint on how to do it.Alexander, This does not work properly now. It might turn fuel flow on/off but it will not move the fuel lever as well. I take a note to implement this properly for the next update.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

>>Alexander, >>This does not work properly now. It might turn fuel flow>on/off but it will not move the fuel lever as well. >I take a note to implement this properly for the next update.>>>Thank you very much for taking care of it! This plane is really a good one! I enjoy it very much.

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

Guest Totalbeginner

>>OK guys, don't bother with than anymore. >>This is a bug, I have just identified. It affects both the ATS>disengage and the Go-Around events. Control assignments for>these will only work when set from the PMDG menu, not from the>FSX menu, so it is not possible to assign a joystick/yoke>button to them.>>Will be fixed in the next update (that will be available when>the FS9 version is released).>>>But I can't get even the TOGA to work via the PMDG menu? I've set it in exactly the same way that I did ATS disconnect, but nothing happens when you press the key?Martin Neep

Martin,Untill the update is made available, it works for me with following settings:FSX Controls settings remaining at default:AT Arm: - Shift+R - Button #TOGA: - Ctrl+Shift+G - Button #(Joystick Button assignments are for Non-PMDG aircraft.)MD-11 PMDG Key Commands:Disengage ATS : Shift+RGo-Around button : X(Are KEYBOARD presses to activate these functions.)Hope it's going to work for you as well this way, untill we can update our systems.Regards,Harry