Sign in to follow this  
ahuimanu

[MD-11X] Various brake issues + FMS question

Guest FrancoisH

Hello there,I'l try to define below the problem I noticed today.ABS and SaitekI got some trouble with my Saitek Rudder explained in detail into this thread : http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=136ABS and DisconnectI got another autobrake little glitch (because plane should not be used this way, but anyway it still cause this issue :) ) :

• Do a rejected take-off.
  • Press brakes to cancel autobrakes.
  • Re-arm auto-brakes on TO.
  • Set trust a little forward.
  • Auto brakes got again disabled (with light on panel)

Brake TemperatureFinaly about brake temp, is it normal this take about 3 or more minute to show overheating ? I does two rejected take-off then made the take off... I was passing FL150 when I the alert of BRAKE OVRHT appear on screen... And then I tried to slow down and extend gear. Temperature was still going up, a degree each second, no more and never ended... I finally decided to reset brake temp trough menu.I made a normal landing, it took from the runway to the gates, and even waiting 2 minutes at gate to finally stop at 180

Guest BlueRidgeDx

With regard to the brake temps, the delay you see before the temps peak is realistic. Typically, the brake temps will peak 5-10 minutes after landing, and depending on conditions, can be very slow to cool. On most aircraft, there are strict limits on how soon another takeoff can be made after a landing or RTO. Its usually based on the gross weight at landing, and/or the speed at which the RTO was initiated.Whether getting a BRAKE OVHT message in-flight is realistic in an MD-11, I do not know. Given the PMDG team's thorough nature, I'd assume that they got it right. On some other aircraft, you might get a GEAR BAY OVHT message/aural instead of a BRAKE TEMP message once airborne. It all depends on how the Fire Detection system is designed.Regards,Nick

Guest FrancoisH

Thank you,I thought it wasn't an issue related to the fact this product overall quality.Please excuse my low "liners" knowledge. I remembered that temperature was arising a big quickly on the 747 but probably it's the way it work on a MD11.I just wanted to be sure and this forum is the perfect place for. In the case it's just a problem, at least I'll have reported it.For the two other points, one is like a compatibility problem with my control devices and the second is just a probably normal way about FMS action.Regards and ... herm... good night (spent to much of my European night testing around these things ;))

Guest pilot-joey

My autobrake function doesn't work at all! And know other people who has the same problem.. What can be that cause then?Best regards, Joey

Hello,This topic partially about the non-working ABS system so I'd like to join in the search for a solution.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.