Sign in to follow this  
Guest BlueRidgeDx

A small list of issues...

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Hi,I'm having a fantastic time with the MD-11, its a real gem.I do have a few issues though. I'll go through the proper support channels, but I wanted to cross-post here as well so that other users can confirm the issues. The problems listed below were encountered after loading a saved FSX flight with its associated panel state. I'm not sure if these issues exist when loading a fresh "free flight" or not... I haven't had time to test.1) The L/H landing light illuminates when rotating the FGS Panel light knob to any position other than OFF. The light itself is still retracted, but the effect is visible.2) The upper and lower red beacons do not flash despite switch position.3a) The pilots are misplaced. In the external view, the pilots were missing their heads, and had sunken down into the seats. Their movements were still visible. I noticed this in cruise flight at FL380. After landing, the pilots had returned to their proper positions.3b) Multiple pilot models were visible simultaneously. At least three FO's were visible, with their heads clipping each other. At least two Captains were visible. This was noticed on the ground after landing.4) The high-intensity strobes remained on despite switch position. Even after shutdown with the battery off, they were still flashing away.5) The R/H wing inspection or runway turnoff light (I can't tell which) stays illuminated despite switch position. Remains on even after shutdown with battery off.6) The APU sound is still audible after shutdown.7) MCDU 3 displays gibberish characters after landing. The STBY F-PLAN page displayed correctly during flight, but displayed non-standard characters after clearing the runway. I only noticed when I went to shut off the transponder after landing.8) After accidentally tapping the A/P Disc keystroke, the aircraft pitched up fairly aggressively. It looks like the A/P had built up quite a bit of mis-trim. SD showed approx 1.3 ANU during cruise with CG well-within the envelope. Pitch rate seemed more aggressive than the trim indication would suggest. 9) Not so much an issue, but a question. I haven't gotten a chance to look this one up in the book yet, but perhaps someone can enlighten me: When in the blocks on external power and the INU's off, how are the PLI's still displayed on the PFD? Do they use input from the IRU's, or are they driven solely through the ADC and/or FCC? Just curious.I forgot to mention the following:Windows XP.FSX with Acceleration (SP2).Advanced Animations are on.All controllers are calibrated.3Ghz P4, 512mb RAM, ATI X1600 512mb (AGP), new drivers.Performance is otherwise excellent (25-60fps).Regards,Nick

Guest FrancoisH

About the 8) point, I got an issue of the same kind !After a GA then coming back to the runway, I got "no destination" on the FMS and with "Land mode armed" I got no interception of the LLZ and the plane was descending even I was below the glide path to intercept it...Finally, I got out of these trouble pressing twice the AP buttont (to set to right then back to left FMS) and activating again APP mode.regards.

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Anyone else seeing this stuff?

Nick, these are very unusual problems, but they seem to indicate that your PC is having trouble with visibility nodes.Might I suggest you let FSX rebuild FSX.cfg (back up the old one), and see if that solves the issue.FSX.cfg is located in C:Documents and SettingsYOUR USER NAMEApplication DataMicrosoftFSXBest,http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...er_MD11_Vin.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Vin, I did installed some add-on scenery which I believe might have caused this issue, it may sound a little stupid but how do I get this default "spotlight.bmp" and where do I have to place it? Do I have to re-install FSX? Regards Leonardo

Well, hopefully, whatever you installed created a backup (or you did)The file is located in C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XTextureIf you don't have a backup, you may be able to retrieve it from one of the cab files on the install discs for FSX (that part is just a guess), or maybe another user could forward a copy to you of the default bitmap.Best,http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...er_MD11_Vin.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Thanks Vin for the heads-up If anyone has this default "spotlight.bmp" please mail-it to me at leoneomatrix2001@aol.com, I'll really appreciate if somebody cann help me with this ....Regards Leonardo

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Hi Vin,After my first attempt at installing the MD-11, I got some sort of error regarding MSXML. Something to do with the parser or something. FSX would CTD before getting to the Intro screen.I tried an MD-11 uninstall/re-install, an FSX Repair, and a re-install of all .NET framework packages and MSXML redistributables, all to no avail. I finally had to remove and reinstall FSX, then re-install the MD-11.It was subsequent to all of this that I had the issues above. I would think that my FSX.cfg should be fresh given the (very) recent re-install.In any event, I'll try your suggestion and post the results here.Just to reiterate one point, I don't recall seeing any of these display related issues when loading a new "free flight". I wonder if perhaps loading the panel state has something to do with it? Just a thought.Regards,Nick

10: Even thought all doors are closed via the FMC, the EFIS still have a yellow text saying: DOORSOr did I forget something?Philip Schmidt :)

>> 1) The L/H landing light illuminates when rotating the FGS Panel >> light knob to any position other than OFF. The light itself is >> still retracted, but the effect is visible.I had this once so far. It stayed on regardless of switch position. Can't remember if it went off with aircraft power, but it did light up the runway (correctly).>> 2) The upper and lower red beacons do not flash despite switch >> position.Haven't had this.>> 3a) The pilots are misplaced. In the external view, the pilots >> were missing their heads, and had sunken down into the seats. >> Their movements were still visible. I noticed this in cruise >> flight at FL380. After landing, the pilots had returned to their >> proper positions.Never noticed! I'll check it out!>> 3b) Multiple pilot models were visible simultaneously. At least >> three FO's were visible, with their heads clipping each other. At >> least two Captains were visible. This was noticed on the ground >> after landing.Again, not seen this yet!>> 4) The high-intensity strobes remained on despite switch position. >> Even after shutdown with the battery off, they were still flashing >> away.I had a problem as point 1 with the LH turn off lights - they were on the whole flight regardless of switch position. Happened on the same flight as 1) and could not re-create.>> 5) The R/H wing inspection or runway turnoff light (I can't tell >> which) stays illuminated despite switch position. Remains on even >> after shutdown with battery off.Was the LH for me.>> 6) The APU sound is still audible after shutdown.Cycle the audio (Q, then Q again). I find some sounds get "stuck" between switching views only rarely. This fixes it. I think it is FS, not the aircraft.>> 7) MCDU 3 displays gibberish characters after landing. The STBY >> F-PLAN page displayed correctly during flight, but displayed >> non-standard characters after clearing the runway. I only noticed >> when I went to shut off the transponder after landing.Never noticed this. I'll see if it ever occurs.>> 8) After accidentally tapping the A/P Disc keystroke, the aircraft >> pitched up fairly aggressively. It looks like the A/P had built up >> quite a bit of mis-trim. SD showed approx 1.3 ANU during cruise >> with CG well-within the envelope. Pitch rate seemed more >> aggressive than the trim indication would suggest.Might be related to FS trimming up on AP disconnect? I get this slightly - I think what it is, is that the trim isn't quite sync'd with AP input when you disconnect. A slight trim forward fixes it for me. Elevator control doesn't seem different compared to prior to engagement.>> 9) Not so much an issue, but a question. I haven't gotten a chance >> to look this one up in the book yet, but perhaps someone can >> enlighten me: When in the blocks on external power and the INU's >> off, how are the PLI's still displayed on the PFD? Do they use >> input from the IRU's, or are they driven solely through the ADC >> and/or FCC? Just curious.PLI? The routing displays on the map? I think it looks at map distance, and generically computes the display. It doesn't actually need to know where it is to do that. :)Best regards,Robin.

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Thanks Robin.I'll try the "Q" trick you suggested for the APU sound. I'm not sure why I didn't think of it before.With regard to the PLI, I'm not sure if thats the correct MD-11 speak or not. In the CRJ we call it the Pitch Limit Indicator (PLI) or the Alpha Margin Indicator (AMI), depending on which maintenance controller you talk to and which airline you work for.It refers to the "handle bars" on the Attitude Indicator that indicate stick shaker attitude. I noticed that they're still displayed even without the INU's spun up. I was just curious how the avionics knows where to position the indicators if it can't determine the current aircraft attitude? I'm not saying its modeled wrong, I'm just curious how it does it, thats all.Regards,Nick

>10: Even thought all doors are closed via the FMC, the EFIS>still have a yellow text saying: DOORS>>Or did I forget something?>>Philip Schmidt :)Hello Philip,did you arm the doors??(I never saw this one before in any add-on!!!)regards,Wijnand (EHBK)

Guest FirstOfficerFast

Did you tell the purser to make the 'all doors in flight' call on the intercom? ;) (Did you arm them all?)