Sign in to follow this  

What do you do during your flight with FS2002?

Hi, folks: I am just very interesting what you guys do during your long-haul flight. Some times I feel boring 'cause nothing will happen to my plane! Any ideas that can make me won't feel boring? (however, i do love FS2k2 very very much!) ;) Comment please! Thank you.KE082

I kick the simulation rate up to 16x. Today I flew a 737 from Boston-Logan to London-Heathrow (2900 miles). I think the total cruise time was about 40 minutes. And I did a little house-cleaning while cruising.

Hi,I'm lucky to be "working" (full-time) on my doctoral studies -Law- (for 5 years, I still have two more years to go); "Lucky" because I can stay home most of the time, reading and writing for long periods of time. So I have became a "long-flight" simmer. That is precisely what I do: read, write, read again, and from time to time I take a break to see the virtual world and, of course, to land safely :-) Regards from South America,Gabriel.

Guest RiddlePilot

While at school during the year, I was lucky enough to have a roomate that loved simming like I did. We'd trade off being in the pilot seat and I'd go do something else (eat or Triple S for example...)Now I'm at home for the summer though, I just go back and forth between my comp (not hooked to the net) and my mom's and surf the net looking for new things to download.

Hey, This is an easy one for me...don't fly long-haul!!! I prefer european charters..literally..I fly My Travel, Air 2000, Monarch, TUI, J-J-J--J-J-J-M-C LOL (I ha.. "dislike" JMC) Thanks

Guest gasebah

I browse through this Forum on my 2nd computer.Alex

Guest Flyingdutchman

Hi,During long haul flights I usually sleep :).....I'll take off watch the climb to cruis-altitude and then go to bed.The when I wake up, it's usually about 20 before landing, so I can prepare the landing.If I fly within Europe, I'll study approach/en-route charts or I'm just watching FSNAV and look for some nice destinations.Bye,Evert

Guest nirvana

if it's a short flight: i watch the incredible work of the autopilot! that means: flying straight ahead and doing what i DON'T want him to do! :-Dif it's a long flight: i wait till the aircraft reached its flightlevel and then go to bed. i usually wake up with a crashed aircraft! :)greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetz :-wave=========>peter

I tend not to do "Long Haul" but I will tend to run the simulation at 4x (over land) and 16x (over water - no land in sight) once I am at cruising altitude. Regards,

Guest Lionel Goh

Depends..Usually on short haul , i would talk to my friends on avtsim , while on long haul , i would talk to my friends and sleep :)Lionel Goh

Guest Tim W

For my part, I usually fly in Europe/North Africa, flights up to 4 hours max, usually on VATSIM. I try to pick routes where there is as much ATC coverage as possible along the way by checking who's online via WHAZZUP and SERVINFO. This pretty much ties you to the computer in real time as you can expect radio calls anytime. If I need to leave the room for refreshment ect, I tell the controller I am going to be off radio for a few mins. Last night I flew a Brittania 767 from Cairo (HECA) to Gatwick (EGKK), I had ATC coverage throughout Greece, Italy, Germany and Belgium and the UK. Very nice to talk to and hear those local controllers accents. Makes the flying much more rewarding in my view.Sunday night I just did some practice IFR circuits at Leeds Bradford under a very nice helpful controller working Leeds/Bradford Approach. There were 4 of us in the circuit, I was in a Cessna 421, there was a Falcon 50, 2 Cessna 172's and a Boeing 737. He certainly had his hands full with separation!RegardsTim

Howdy flyers!,When I am flying long flights, i start flirting with the stewardesses!..hahahaNo but really, i dont fly too many long flights,I keep changing views, and looking at the scenery, sometimes i will increase game speed. But i like taking short flights and switching to a different plane at each stop.=Swivet=

One thing I do for long haul flights is I set wind gusts and turbulence to rather strong levels, then watch the autopilot try to deal with it. I'll often browse the web if I'm flying in "real time". Of course, when I return to FS, the scenery is a blurred mess. I simply switch to ground view for 10-15 seconds, and the scenery looks sharp again.Now that I have the Cessna 421, I've been sticking to mid-range flights of 2-3 hours. I did have a four hour real-time flight in the 421 between Phoenix, AZ and Zacatecas, MX. I call it my "Powerball fantasy flight", the premise being that if I win, I can buy a C421, and fly my wife down to visit her family there. Currently, the only way to fly there is to fly from Phoenix to LAX, then take a midnight flight out of LAX.... Well, there's always Powerball!

I'm a Eurofreak! I've only left the European continent by accident, I too usually fly British charter airlines (Monarch being my most frequent FS charter airline :)) or some other European airlines!