Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bud

MD 11 Panel States

Guest Bud

Seem to have a prob here. I can't load a saved panel because there are none shown in the load box. Also I cannot save a panel state myself - I get a box which says 'Cannot Create' when I try.I know I have the saved panel files, having found them in Docs & Settings/Desktop, but they do not appear when I use the menu item - Load Panel State - it's blank.Any ideas.Bud

Bud, Can you explain how did you install the MD-11 on your computer? I am very curious to understand, how the panel state files ended up to the desktop, as you mentioned?

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest 413X3

sounds to me like this person has no write access to the folder in windows where the panel states are being loaded. just a guess thoughAlex

Guest Bud

Hello MichaelI quite simply ran the installer program and that's all. Can you tell me where the panel state files should be locatedBud

Guest Bud

It's now over 24 hours since I sought help on this issue. Can I please get some response. If it helps my OS is XP Home.Bud

Bud:You are the only person who has mentioned such an issue so far. Despite the lack of a response, i should imagine that the PMDG team are scratching their heads over this one as to why it installed as it did.The panel states (on my machine, XPSP3, at least) panel states are located in C:program filesmicrosoft gamesmicrosoft flight simulator Xpmdgmd11panelstateI should imagine they should be in the same place on your machine.CheersPaulEdit: Are you running a non english version of XP or FS?

Guest Bud

Hello PaulVery kind of you to respond - many thanks.I'm running a bog standard english XP Home OS, nothing changed, nothing taken away. As I said I slavishly ran the installer program and tried nothing fancy. I did try to copy the folder from d/top to the PMDG folder but this made no difference. I'll try it in the location you suggest and see what happens.Bud

Bud:You're welcome. I cannot for the life of me think why it would have installed to the desktop, other than write permissions as Alex suggested above.Just trying to get to the bottom of the install problem though. Have you tried an uninstall / reinstall of the MD11, or have you recently changed any of your FS9 or X stuff that may have caused the dreaded regedit requirement?CheersPaul

Guest Bud

PaulOnce again, my gratitude. I used the location you suggest and the load and save operation now works fine. I really appreciate your taking the time to help me out.The installation clearly went awry and I can offer no explanation. I use FSX solely and have done nothing to the system which could have caused this. I now just hope that nothing else has gone astray !!I didn't do a re-install - oddly enough, I was on the point of doing so just before I read your post.Bud