Sign in to follow this  
Jones

FSX MD-11 FMS problem

Hi, Got a problem, FSX freezes when I try to add the dep/dest in the FMS, Have no idea why. I am using the tutorial with this and i am not using the 3GB patch and setup from the intro panel, since it causes my sim to display graphics wrong, and by wrong I mean spiky looking planes. I ran threw the fact page didn't find anything unless I am blind. I can enter the coroute just fine but even with that the alt airport wont enter it freezes up. My specs are:FSX SP1 SP2ECS socket AM2 Motherboard, AMD 64 Athlon 2.7 GHz, 3 GB DDR@ RAM,ATI X1300 256MB Video cardNorton anti-virus Thank YouCapt. Eric Wade Joneswww.usairwaysva.orghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_trijet.jpgCapt. Eric Wade Joneswww.usairwaysva.orghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_trijet.jpg

Guest FirstOfficerFast

Spiky looking planes? That sounds more like your hardware is overheating; could that be a coincidence that it freezes when you enter the route? Try just letting it run normally for some time just to eliminate this possible cause.Cheers,Niklas

Guest FrancoisH

Seems like an issue when the plane is trying to read the directory with saved flight plans. Are you using Vista ? If yes, I suggest you start FSX as Administrator because it can't maybe access the directory, causing this freeze.My second suggestion is to go to your FSX directory, then PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS sub directory and to remove everything, it may help you trough your issue... save at least the EGLL one somewhere (it's the Tutorial one)Last option is to try to install updated AIRACs.If nothing above is working, I would do a CHKDSK on your hard drive (maybe uninstall PMDG prior of it) then install back everything.Regards.

Guest FrancoisH

I suppose the Tutorial flight plan do not like latest AIRACs...

Eric,How many flight plans were in the FLIGHTPLANS folder that you cleared? When you enter an origin/destination in the F-PLN INIT page the FLIGHTPLANS folder is searched by opening each one of the flightplans you have there and checking if it is relevant to the orig/dest you entered. Normally this searching will not take long even for a lot of flight plans. For example for 394 Flight plans on my really old P4 3.0 GHz PC it takes less than 2 seconds. But if there are a lot of flight plans, in a PC with low specifications and a fragmented and/or almost full hard disk this could take much longer I guess. Maybe what you experienced was not freezing, but you just had to wait.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg