Sign in to follow this  
Guest cdog423

Help with uninstalling Queen of the Skies

Guest cdog423

In my past post http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=153061&page=2 I couldnt get the autopilot to turn on so Id figure I would just uninstall and reinstall the 747. I had updated to version 1.2. In the FAQs in the website it says to uninstall via the add/remove programs section of the control panel. Upon doing this when I click on remove I get a message saying that there was an error in the setup.exe. The other problem is I cant reinstall my base installer verion 1.1 becasue it says version 1.2 is detected. If someone could outline for me how to get this to work or any suggestions I would appreciate it. I have gone through and deleted all the files in aircraft folder and pmdg folder with the same outcome. Thanks in advance.cdog

I noticed we asked that you sign your name in the original thread... same request today.Manually deleting the files is not the way to remove a program from XP or Vista... there is still the registry entries, which is used by both install/uninstall whether from the installer app or from the control panel.If you have the update to version 1.2 available, try running it and if it gives you a chance, try the repair option. The update is the complete package (not just a patch).Just a heads up, I am not aware of the uninstall/re-install trick ever fixing anything except an installation error. The AP disconnect is almost certainly due to something in the operation of the simulator or a noisy game controller.The next thing to try is an email to support at PMDG.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yeah contact support - we have a procedure for manually uninstalling when the uninstaller is corrupted like this...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com