Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

I think I found the *SHORTEST* scheduled MD11 Flight!

Guest tcable

UPS633 KSTL-KSDFUnder one hour! 42 or so minutes. My Grandfather used to fly that route when connecting on TWA out from SLC whay back when. He used to travel to Morton Thiokol in Brigham City, UT regularly.Wonder where that crew ends up for the night/day)or where they're based for that matter- SDF?)Tim

Guest 413X3

the shortest flight, by far, is fedex 26, routing koak-ksfo on its way to japan

Guest BlueRidgeDx

At Emery Worldwide, we used to run a DC-10 from MIA-FLL. I never understood how it could be more economical to burn all that fuel and put cycles on the engines and airframe.Hmmm...Maybe thats why we didn't have enough money to maintain our airplanes properly.Regards,Nick

I think the shortest MD-11 scheduled flight is the one that Martinair Cargo flies.They operate the MD-11 on Stansted-Amsterdam flights :).I think the flightnumber is MP62,but not sure of this.Regards,Steven

Steven Ghion

Belgian Virtual Tigers

tiger1m.jpg

Long enough for a line check? ;)Good way to break in a newbie lol. I should imagine a barge would have been cheaper though...CheersPaul

During the beta I frequently flew hops between KOAK and KSFO when aiming to test items repeatedly. It's an intense workload, especially if you're handflying as I sometimes did!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg