Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

MD-11 is a dissappointment visually - sorry

I have an ATI HD 3870 512meg card, I've also been playing with AA and AF etc which are enabled, and i'm getting results like this:http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2840/md11hj0.jpgThe displays don't seem too bad, but I do have to zoom in a little in order to read the text on the buttons clearly.Overall i'm really enjoying the sim, its not enough to put me off using the VC.I'm using resolution 1360x768 on a Sony KDL 32D3000, tried full 1080p and it does seem to sharpen the lettering up a little but i'd rather run it at my screens native resolution.Paul

Well....I've tried the following without success.That's very frustrating, the MD-11 being such a sophisticated and beautiful product.1) tried with 2 different WHQL drivers after a complete driver cleaning.2) changed the screen + FSX resolution from 1280x1024 to 1920x1440.3) tried lot of nHancer combinations from AA 4x to 16xQ.4) full screen or windowed makes no difference.5) changed the screen refresh rate.6) rebuilt a new FSX.cfg7) tried both DX9 and DX10I didn't try Nespresso but what else?? :-( (I have to add that apart from fonts being unreadable gauges are flickering which is very annoying as well)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

>Just to clarify, for me its EVERY letter and number on>everything on the instrument panel, every button, every>display, all are unreadable if I am 'zoomed back' far enough>to actually see the panel.>>>XP Pro SP2-FSX SP2>AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAM>FEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuff>Computer optimized by www.fs-gs.comDon't take this the wrong way please. I'm not trying to bag on this individual.First of all he at least posted his system specs. It's amazing how many are complaining about problems without posting their system specs. Some of us (myself included)have no problems with the VC at all. some are having problems which leads me to think the problem is else where. I spent a lot of time in the F-4 world and the first thing you learn is if you are asking for help post your sys specs. Looking at the above post several things jump out at me.1. XP Pro SP2 Time for SP3 maybe?2. AMD FX-60 AMD lists it as retired first gen CPU. Single core@2.6 with 1MBL2 cache. They didn't show the FSB speed3. 2GB of RAM He doesn't list how much RAM is on the vid card We know how much #### Vid RAM and Sys RAM can create with FSX. The 8800GTS is a decent card but if it's the 320MB version we know that FSX tends not to play nice.4. FEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuff. Lot of computing cycles here.OK so the first thing in my mind since he is also running other stuff in the background as well is. Could a lack of CPU power and system resources affecting how stuff is being drawn on that system? Any one of the things I stated above could be a culprit taken together it could be a real problem.Chuck

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

Guest SkullxBones

David, with your large monitor did you increase the DPI size? I don't know how it works in Vista, but in my XP setup with a 28" monitor I tried to increase the system DPI size from default 96DPI to 120DPI to increase the size of things so I could see better. But it caused problem in the PMDG747 panel when I did that so I had to set it back to 96DPI. It might have the same effect in the MD-11.Jeff P.

Guest PPSFA

Tks for the input Chuck, Ive posted my card specs in another post but here they are again, 640 meg card, abd this ia a dual core cpu. I have no problems with any other planes, and from the looks of the posts and screen shots here, others are having the same problem with this one, with many different systems. Leads me to believe its the plane, not the systems. I'll just keep lurking in hopes the PMDG folks find the problem and solution. Thanks for the suggestionsJay

Great idea Jeff but no change, same fonts and same flickering!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest c210_cvs

Mine looks the same with a core duo, 2GB ram and a 8800GTX

Guest FirstOfficerFast

Dito, also Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM and 8800GTX.Niklas

I don't have any of the font problems mentioned in this thread. The PMDG is the most impressive VC I've ever seen and great FPS too!I don't have the PMDG 747, but I do have the LDS 767, Coolsky Super80/Pro. The MD11 beats them easily.As others suggest, maybe you have graphic card issues.

Matthew S

Guest PPSFA

Just FYI, I also tried the 'performance options' of disabling the overhead and the FO displays, same results.XP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optimized by www.fs-gs.com

>>(I have to add that apart from fonts being unreadable gauges>are flickering which is very annoying as well)Sorry to hear you have all those troubles David :(But that the gauges are flickering isn't normal looks like a conflict...I have sometimes that with enhancer the allow overrider predefined settings is disabled so you could check that one to...Have this with the latest version. (2.4.2)Cheers,http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

I think the hard to read text is an issue from nvidia...I recently formatted my HDD and installed Vista64. I downloaded the latest drivers and installed one of my favorite GA planes - the ES SR22 G3 Turbo. I set in-game AA to on and AF to ansiotropic. The gauges are readable at a distance.I then installed nHancer - And at the sane zoom level in the VC, I could not read the glass gauges. It seems like the AA set by nHancer makes all the text on gauges blurry at far zoom distances, like .4-.6 etcThis happens with any planes using vector graphics I think. Dave have you tried uninstalling nHancer (not what I'd want either, I like to crank the AA)Unfortunately, the only way to get clear text at a distance is to NOT use nHancer, so I've found.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yes Ryan, I've tried uninstalling nHancer, cleaning the registry and reinstalling the nvidia driver.You can see the result here:http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8474/20...91650506te4.jpg

Best regards,
David Roch

I haven't read carefully through this thread so sorry if I'm missing something or if you've already tried this.I agree that the text in the VC is difficult to read, so I've tried down-grading drivers to version 169.25. Difficult to tell, but I think the text is now clearer: it's as if this driver knows how to get the anti-aliasing to engage with the fonts.It's not a perfect solution: text at oblique angles is still very indistinct. But at the view from the default position on my 1920x1080 setup, text is now legible when seen head-on.Tim

Guys,I don't know if you saw my post in another thread about this but we're looking into the text issue - it has to do with mipmaps, not a video card thing. We'll probably have some sort of option regarding it in SU1...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com