Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

MD-11 is a dissappointment visually - sorry

Try to apply at least 4x quality antialiasing through driver by overwriting fsx settings. (in nvidia control panel)Matyas Majzik

AA is at 16X

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

>AA is at 16XI believe you with out a blink, but from the look of your screen shot AA isn't almost applied...But that could be the file compression stuff.As for the panel you can't get it crystal clear as the 747 due to the technique used.But it should be whole lot better as what I'm seeing now hope we can get you on track David :-)Cheers,http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

Don't confuse it with AF (anisotrop filtering). On the pictures I don't see significant AA. Matyas Majzik

Thanks Andr

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Callmecapt

I'm just curious, are those screenshots and problems in windowed mode or 3D mode? I hardly ever fly in 3D mode with everything else I own. Screen clarity is a little bit worse, but for some reason, I prefer windowed mode. Maybe because I do other things on my 2nd monitor while flying. Might watch a movie or something.Goran

Guest Mower

>I mean just look at those twisted,jaggy taxi lines!>Makes me feel better knowing i am not alone.Get a payware mod airport and the jaggies will disappear and the terrain, tarmacs, buildings will get substantially better.

Guest Callmecapt

>>>Compared to this cockpit, the 400/400X looks old and dated. I>think the MD does to the 400 what the 400 did to the NG.>>Just my opinion...>>Robert,Please don't say that. I'd like to think the 744 is THE add on to have.If I convert to an MD-11 fan, it'll be like leaving an old friend and saying hello to someone new.Viva 747-400;-) Goran

Guest PPSFA

David, tks for posting those screen shots and experimenting, you have saved me a lot of typing as you are showing the exact same problem I have with the VC. I have tried all the suggestions and unless I am zoomed in the VC is totally unreadable still.JayXP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optimized by www.fs-gs.com

David et al,What card do you have? And what are you using to set the AA? I realized when I installed my nVidia 8800GTS card that any settings I made were overridden by the default nVidia FSX profile when I started FSX. I had to install nHancer to override the default profile to rectify the problem.Hope it helps,

Hi Mats,8800 GTX 768M.Tried with 2 latest drivers + nHancer.

Best regards,
David Roch

Guest PPSFA

8800 GTS 640 megs AA=8 AF=16 using Nhancer. This is the only plane I have the problem with.

Guest viking7117

i just managed to finish my first flight with md-11 ,from take off to landing ,and after going through all the posts i found the exterior of the aircraft was one of the best to date,the cockpit interiors in 2d is good,though may be the virtual cockpit could have been better,, but since i do all the flying in 2d mode i had no problems that some of you have written about,i felt the engine sound was not upto the mark however i read that this was the closest to the original md-11 so no regrets with this,all the panels look great considering the generation of aircraft that we are flying, i use a 19 inch lcd monitor with 1440*900*32,may be the virtual cockpit can be improved upon and hence for guys who fly in this mode all the complaining makes sense considering that we have paid 60 + 130 euros for the whole package,its not cheap but looking at all the time and effort that the guys at pmdg have put in paying 60 euros for the aircraft is good value for the money i paid considering the fact that i have purchased pathetic quality of aircrafts from wilco.i wish the 737 and airbus rolls out asap

Same problem here with the font problem in the vc. I tried every antialiasing mode.Maybe is an nvidia driver issue? Anyone with this problem using an ATI card??Sorry for my bad english.Juan.

Juan Ramos