Sign in to follow this  
Guest annasarad

Strange start up behaviour

Guest annasarad

Hallo everyone,I have a strange issue. During the last week I hae installed two pieces of software, the fabulous MD11 and the ActiveSkyX/XGraphics-bundle. After that all my planes are initialised at about two feet above ground, falling down said two feet and FSX registers a landing.Now most of you probably think, why care, and honestly I don't, but it would be fun having the plane start on the ground like it used to.This now happens with all planes, defaults and old third-party planes that have served me well before.I have reinstalled MD-11 a few times (also have some troubles with the panels, read more here in my so's thread http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...opic_id=156728), I have reinstalled ASX and XG a few times, I have scrambled my fsx.cfg, but no avail. By now I think I have done most things except reinstalling FSX.I have Vista64 with FSX/Acceleration, nvidia 8800gtx with newest drivers (updated yesterday in a vain attempt to get the panels working).Does any of you an idea of what to try next?Best regards,Annasara

Try removing your FSX.cfg and any saved flights from the Documents/Flight Simulator X Files folder. FSX will build a new cfg when you run the sim - you'll just have to reconfigure everything. Something could be corrupting your start situation from there. If this doesn't work, I'd uninstall your addons and FSX, clear everything FSX related out from the Program Files and Users folders and then reinstall. Install Acceleration or SP2, then run the sim. Then install the MD-11, run it, then install any liveries, and finally reinstall other addons.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest annasarad

I did delete the fsx.cfg, didn't help. Reinstalling fsx, I still save as a last resort, but the weekend is only starting, so maybe I will do that...Any other ideas?Annasara

What a hassle to reinstall. However, it may be the only way for you to REALLY discover the cause and eradicate it.If you do the complete uninstall thing, after I installed FSX off the DVDs I would:1) run FSX once, load a default a/c and see if it initializes high2) install SP2/Accel3) again run FSX, load default a/c and see if it initializes high4) install ASX/ASG5) run FSX, load default ac/ etc. etc.6) install PMDG MD-117) again test in FSXIn this way, you will be able to positively know what is causing it.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Just a thought. Do you start the Sim from a saved flight? Ending the flight and creating a new one from the Start screen maybe solves the issue. Regards, Gerrit

Guest annasarad

Gerrit: I always start from the start (free flight) screen, so that is not the problem.Rhett: That would be the way to do it, but I'm not sure it is worth the hassle.I was thinking, is the MD-11 somehow different when it comes to how the position of the plane is calculated? I have noticed that it always get initialised half-way into the terminal building and not with the front wheel close to the markings on the ground like the defaults. I mean it is only half a meter and it is a big bird, so a small difference in the centre of gravity might trick the fs to think I'm somewhere else. I read in a review of the wilco A380 (I think) that changing between views while taxiing, makes fsx register a landing and that it was because of some stupid thing in fsx and how it defines positions.Anyway, if noone knows a good reason why this happens, I'm not going to pursue the issue.Thanks anyway,Annasara