Sign in to follow this  
Maxthrust

MD-11 for FS9 ; a feature request.

Guys please include a no-VC model or a "hide VC" option with the package.Thank you,Bozhan.

Guest XM DUDE

I remember reading about a mode where you can disable the copilots instruments in virtual cockpit mode and this really helps the frame rates.Michael Pare.

Actually it's not about just the frame rates, I just don't like the virtual cockpits.IMO, unless you have a track-ir system, a VC is not practical when it comes to operating/flying the aircraft from the VC.So it's not just about wasting precious memory and cpu resources for it, but having a VC model also prevents me to using the 2D side views, which I enjoy with the PMDG 744 and all other aircraft I have.So I hope the PMDG would go the extra mile and add an option for disabling the VC, just as they did with the 747..Bozhan.

Guest XM DUDE

>Actually it's not about just the frame rates, I just don't>like the virtual cockpits.>>IMO, unless you have a track-ir system, a VC is not practical>when it comes to operating/flying the aircraft from the VC.>>So it's not just about wasting precious memory and cpu>resources for it, but having a VC model also prevents me to>using the 2D side views, which I enjoy with the PMDG 744 and>all other aircraft I have.>>So I hope the PMDG would go the extra mile and add an option>for disabling the VC, just as they did with the 747..>>Bozhan. Well that remains to be seen.Michael Pare

>Guys please include a no-VC model or a "hide VC" option with>the package.OK, thanks for the info, Bozhan.Now I know why my question about that has not been answered.It is just NOT implemented. I wonder why...I also fly 2D panels only in heavy metal jets (FS9).I use side views and wing views (if possible).In PMDG 737NG both were available.In PMDG 747-400 only the side views (being able to easily uncheck the VC).In PMDG MD-11 none anymore?I do have to ask others since I don't use FSX and would like to know what features to expect when the time comes to pay for the FS9 version.Have a nice Saturday, everybody!Best regards,Rafal

>Guys please include a no-VC model or a "hide VC" option with>the package.>I second that request, I never use the VC in any of my aircraft, it's just not practical, the 2D panel is my cockpit :)2D side views should be there too, they come in handy on circling approaches not to mention the eye-candy bit.Considering all PMDG products I am pretty optimistic that there will be the "2D Only" option.

"----I second that request, I never use the VC in any of my aircraft, it's just not practical, the 2D panel is my cockpit :)2D side views should be there too, they come in handy on circling approaches not to mention the eye-candy bit. ----"-------------Onur- I'll also second that opinion. When you can so easily have triple views/monitors and a 150

Tabs- thank you, merci. The great PMDG customer support continues!Alex Reid

>Tabs- thank you, merci. The great PMDG customer support>continues!>Alex Reid I second that! :D, thank you Ryan

Not to make this thread too long due to signs of gratefulness, I woud like to thank the PMDG team in the name of thousands of FS9 users.I'm sure they wouldn't mind!And... ask for FS9 wing views too grin.gifBest regards,Rafalfuture PMDG MD-11 captain(OOMs permitting)