Sign in to follow this  

What is meant.....

It means, DO NOT HIT HIM/HER, KEEP YOUR DISTANCE/SPACING, basically :)--------------Paul Meyerwww.KryptonAir.comwww.LAARTCC.org

Hello, "Maintain Visual Seperation" is when the controllers gives responsibilty to the pilots to maintain correct lateral/vertical seperation from another aircraft. This is common when flying into busy island airports where pilots must maintain seperation by:A) vocal radio transmissions from other aircrafts where the pilot must keep a 3D map in thier head of where other aircraft in respect of his/her aircraft or :( visually where you are in visual contact with the other aircraft and keep correct distance between you and it. The latter can only really be done safely on a clear day. The first option is common. I hear in place in Africa they have alot of faith in pilots keeping seperation!!!Thank-youJulie ScottA320 Captain

Guest Joshieca

Thanks Julie Scott....that cleared it up..

Guest Toni Rauch

...All of the above, but put more simply....IT'S WHEN THE AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER PASSES THE BUCK!!!!!!!;)

Guest Dominik Mann

Huh? Is this an ATC command from FS 2002? Never heard this...

Hello, It is indeed an FS2002 ATC Command, it os also used in real-life before. FS2002 will let you do a visual regardless if you can see the runway or not (or any aircraft flying ahead of you)Julie ScottA320 Captain

Hi Julie,Are you a real A320 captain, the reason I ask is a few days ago I flew out of Minneapolis to LaGuardia on a Northwest A320 and I returned on a Northwest A319. Looking at the aircraft from the exterior and looking at the cabins and cockpits I can't for the life of me tell what the difference is b/w the A320 and the A319. The only thing I could think of is are the numbers Airbus' version of variants like the Boeing 777-300 and the 777-200? Thanks in advance.

Guest Niels_C

Hello Rich,The A318, A319, A320 and A321 are differently sized aircraft.A318 is practically a regional machine, while the A321 is similarto the B757. PAX capabilities range across from 100 to 220 seatsor so, with the A319 typically seating 125 or so.Their range capabilities also *generally* reflect the segment whichthey occupy even if customers do have a few choices.Why don't you give www.airbus.com a look? It's an attractive site.Fly safe,-Niels Christiansen

Thanks for the answers, I'll check out Airbus' site.