Sign in to follow this  
Guest errolisrael

MD-11 problem with PANELS when starting FSX

Guest Errol Israel

To the PMDG team,please give me a respond!When I start FSX with the MD-11 the following happens:During loading of fsx, there coming 3 undocked panel views:glare shield (top of screen), main view captain side(total screen) and dummy main panel ( a small black bar underneath the main view captain side). This is NOT normal. Then when FSX is loaded I don't have the proper instrument panel.I close all the undocked panels/views and after that I have to go to the menu for the Intrument panel again to get the main view captain side and glare shield. When everything is resized and placed, I save the setting. Then again after starting FSX, It all starting againg.What is wrong? I already re-installed the MD-11 and I also deleted the saved MD-11 flights. As soon as I make a new flight and restart FSX the problem is back again. No problems with PMDG 747-400.Thanks in advance,ErrolSystem: Windows XP SP2 / 3.4 Ghz Pcrocessor / GTX 9800 / 3 GB switch / latest drivers

Errol,Yes, this is not normal. Are you running FSX in full screen or windowed mode (maximized window or not)? When FSX is launched is the window mode initially set?Do you have one monitor or more that one? What is your resolution? Is your monitor wide screen? (if so, have you enabled the use of the wide screen panel configuration?)

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest Errol Israel

Michael,Thanks for the quick respond.I run fsx in windowed mode. I have tested both max and small)I do not understand the second question. When I saved the last flight the window mode is OK.I have 2 24" monitors in dual screen (the left one for FSC8 and some panels like the FMC. The resolution is 1920 x 1200. I have done the correct widescreen setting in the Nvidea control setting, but I checked again. Errol

Errol, try this:Go to the "My documentsFlight Simulator X Files" folder, delete the "UI generated flight.FLT" flight files that are automatically generated by FS, and try again.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

Guest Errol Israel

Michael,I have done that, I also deleted the PMDG Panelstate files but it is still the same. What happens after deleting all the saves md-11 flights:I start FSXI get the message, starting FSX with default plane/flight.After that I select the md-11, everything OK. Flying OK etc.Then I save en close FSX.When I start again, I get the undocked panels again (glare shield, FO panel and the last one is very strange dummy). I have no clue.Errol

Guest Errol Israel

Hello Ryan, Michael,I have made some screenshots:screen 1: panel state when I saved the flightscreen 2: during loading FSX (its a jpeg, i can't make a screen shot)screen 3: after loading I get 3 undocked panelsscreen 4: after removing the first undocked panel glare shield, 2 remaining panels.Errol

Guest Errol Israel

When I select an other MD-1 aircraft I get this aftel loading:See screenshot 5Errol

Errol,Try this:Set up your display for a single monitor configuration, try again and let me know if you still have the problem (this is not a solution, but will help figuring out what goes wrong).Also (after you do the test), set up the "widescreen" panel cofiguration we have provided. You can set that from the Load Manager. See what happens with that, with one and two screens.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

Guest Errol Israel

I have set the monitor config to 1 monitor and set it on widescreen.It is still the same, only the sizes of the 3 undocked panels are smaller.Errol

Guest Errol Israel

Michael, Ryan,Do you already have a solution, or other idea I can try?After the test I set my dual screen again to its normal position.When I loaded FSX again I saw NO undocked screens so I was very happy. It started in VC screen and it was OK. But after that I go to 2D view, the undocked screens were back again (in small window size during the test). After fixing and size everything I saved the flight end closed FSX. After starting again the problem is back.Errol

Guest milliotseb

I already had fsX that launch in full screen mode when loading a saved flight (saved in windowed mode)But nothing like that (even if I run in a dual screen config)Have you tried to recreate a fsx.cfg file?

Guest Errol Israel

Sebastien,I did not try that. How do I recreate a new fsx.cfg file?Its a long time ago, I know where the file is. I programmed it with data so that my progrom FSCommander automatic starts after loading FSX i believe.Errol

Guest milliotseb

it's in your windows applications data folderExemple on my pc(vista) C:UsersSebAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSX

Hi,I had the exact same problem. I had to delete all liveries, remove the MD-11 completely, and re-install. Other than the start state panels being missing, everything else has been OK since that. Once that grey outline appears where the DUs should be, it's all over. I could not get them back any way. In the VC the displays were present but blank.dan davison