Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

Animated Pilots - How cool.....

As I am just getting started with the dog and I'm checking my key-mapping to the doors in the external view, I am blown away by the animted pilots! LOL... Very cool looking...Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Yes, of course. I had the oportunity to read the introduction guide while returning from L.A. this week on-board the real 763 and I came across that bit of information; which I thought was a creative way foward for PMDG. I still wanted my old key-mapping so that I don't look for those same shortcuts when back in the Queen, LOL...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

BTW, while passing through Atlanta yesterday, I noticed what I thought was a MD-11 taxing parallel to us, but on the other side of the runways. This brings up a question I wanted to ask. How can one tell, from a distance, the obvious difference between a DC-10 and MD-11? Don't they basically look the same?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

>BTW, while passing through Atlanta yesterday, I noticed what>I thought was a MD-11 taxing parallel to us, but on the other>side of the runways. This brings up a question I wanted to>ask. How can one tell, from a distance, the obvious>difference between a DC-10 and MD-11? Don't they basically>look the same?Al,there are some big clues for the MD-11:- 5.5 metres stretch- newer engines which also look a bit different- most DC-10 lack the widened ENG2 intake the MD-11 has- Winglets- Horizontal Stabiliser is a LOT smaller- looking at the DC-10's flight deck windows on the starboard side you can clearly see the back of the flight engineer's panel on the rearmost windowSo look for these and you'll be able to distinguish them easily.Markus

Markus Burkhard

Ah, then based on the winglets, like the PMDG model, I would have to say it was a MD-11 that I saw. The winglets certainly don't seem as pronounced as a 738 or 752. From a long distance (maybe a 100 yards or more) and a side-profile view, I guess the winglets would be the only difference I could recognize between the two. Interesting, thanks for the reply Markus.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE